My plans for a day of snorkeling, is it do-able?

Choozin Croozin

Or is that even a word?

I have had about 15 plans for this port already. I think my trip better come before I change my mind again. First off, we are in port from 7am-6pm and are the only ship in port on a Sat.and HAVE DONE SRC. This is, I think my final plan (with questions too):

First, I thought we would head down to Cemetary Beach at about 9:30 am via bus/taxi (can we walk to Turtle Farm/Hell/Rum Factory from there?) If we can't walk to the before mentioned stuff then we will spend a couple of hours snorkeling and relaxing on the beach. Pick up about 11:30/12:00 and head down the beach toward town. (how far would we have to walk to find restaurants for lunch?) If too far we would just head back to ship via bus/taxi. THen I thought we would either walk down to Sunset House or stay at Edens Rock and spend another couple of hours there, do a little shopping and head back to ship. Maybe I'm being too optomistic???

Would we be better to spend all our time at Cemetary Beach or not go there at all? I kind of like the idea of the beach for awhile, but also want to check out Edens Rock.

First you cannot walk to the trutle farm or to hell from cemetary reef.Cemetary reef is about a 10-15 minute drive from the port area.Why not rent a car for the day.Get the all-inclusive,it runs about 70 bucks.That way you can do it all.I think it's Andy's cars,their office is a 10 minute walk from the port area.But after cemetary reef,there are plenty places to eat(Georgetown) downtown which is also the port area.From there you can walk to Eden Rock,it's about 100 yards from the ship drop off point.Sunset is about 3/4 mile from that area.The taxi fare is higher than the bus fare so keep that in mind.Plus it takes $1.25 American to make $1.00 Cayman,so it's alittle more expensive.Hope that helps some.Mike.

Thanks Mike.......well renting a car was my first option, but my dh decided he doesn't want all the hassles of running here and there. I guess we'll just stay south of the pier between Smith's Cove and Eden's Rock. I really wanted to go to Cemetary Beach but maybe next time. Thanks again for your reply.

Thanks so much nccruiser!!! That makes me feel better. So the bus does go by Cemetary Beach back to town?? Do we just stand out by the road there? DUH, I know it is a stupid question, but I am still a little apprehensive about this bus thing. I just can't wait.....I'm so excited. Especially with the 18 inches of snow that we've had in the last 2 days. :eek:

Archived