MDS 13th B-day while on cruise questions...

Tigeress297

We are going to be cruising aboard the Carnival Celebration during my MDS 13th B-day. We normally do not make a big deal out B-day's but do cake, ice cream, and take them to a fun park of their choosing, alnog with taking them shopping to let them buy the b-day presents they want. So now that we will already be on a cruise, I'm not sure what to do, so any suggestions would be great!

We will be in Key West that day, and dont think we plan on doing any excursions but was wondering if there was any resturants or anything you think would be worth taking him to for the day.

I've heard the choc B-day cake wasnt worth the money on the ship, so maybe an ice cream place while in Key West or something would be cool too, if anyone has any suggestions.

there is a little key lime place called the blond giraffe that has frozen pieces of key lime pie on a stick and dipped in chocolate. I almost picked an itinerary that included key west just so I could get another piece. They were heavenly.

DH and I celebrated our 10th anniversary on a Carnival ship, and they gave us a free cake that was wonderful! They also made a bid deal about singing to us at dinner. (A bunch of guys with heavy foreign accents: "Appy annibersry tu yu...") If you're already booked, call your travel agent and ask if that particular ship will do anything special for a birthday. Then check at the info desk on the ship and with the maitre'd to see what is involved. I think the cake and its prices vary from ship to ship. The kids program may even do something special, who knows?

I'm planning on getting up before him and decorating for him, or if that doesnt happen will have DH take all the DKs to the buffet when we get back on board while I go decorate as we have a 7am port.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

there is a little key lime place called the blond giraffe that has frozen pieces of key lime pie on a stick and dipped in chocolate. I almost picked an itinerary that included key west just so I could get another piece. They were heavenly.

Road Tasted on the Food Channel went there. Of course, they said they were wonderful.

Archived