SCUBA diving in Belize City

ffmikey

I am looking for a dive operation in Belize City. We will be on the Glory on the July 28th cruise. I have booked my own dive trip while in Cozumel in the past and it went well, used a friends recommendation. Any thoughts from those of you that have done this in the past. What was the cost and would you use them again? Thanks for the help.

We were on the Carnival Valor with a scuba group in mid-December, with stops in Roatan, Belize, Grand Cayman, and Costa Maya. We dove in all four ports. In Belize we dove with Sea Sports Belize, arranged through Shoretrips.com. The dive shop is a short walk from where the ship docks. We were in a large open boat, with two dive masters and a captain. We left our dive bags at the shop, and just took with us the gear we needed. (We were 16 divers that day.) One of the dive masters gave us a nice Belize history lesson on the way to the dive spots, which are about a half hour boat ride from Belize City. We dove on Gallows Point Reef. We stopped for a light lunch (included in the fee) on a small island near the reef between dives. We paid $130 for a 2-tank dive. We rated the boat crew: B, and the dive sites: A-.

JStarbrite, We used Papa Hogs in Coz. Had a small "fast boat" to get around on. They were very nice and were great about our requests. I asked not to go to the normal places since I have benn to some of them twice. We did a 3 tank dive.... it has been several years since we went. I sent them an email for current prices, have not heard back. You can google them, they have a nice web site. Enjoy... Mike

Archived