Aloha Deck on the Grand.

long_shot45

We were in A403 Two weeks ago and loved the fact that if the elevators were busy It was easy to walk up one flight of stairs to get to the pool and the Horizon buffet. My daughter and son in law were in A407. They had a TV with a fuzzy picture but with so many things to do onboard they really didn't spend much time watching it. All in all we were very satisfied.

We were in A403 Two weeks ago and loved the fact that if the elevators were busy It was easy to walk up one flight of stairs to get to the pool and the Horizon buffet. My daughter and son in law were in A407. They had a TV with a fuzzy picture but with so many things to do onboard they really didn't spend much time watching it. All in all we were very satisfied. I'm sure you will be too.

We were in A403 Two weeks ago and loved the fact that if the elevators were busy It was easy to walk up one flight of stairs to get to the pool and the Horizon buffet. My daughter and son in law were in A407. They had a TV with a fuzzy picture but with so many things to do onboard they really didn't spend much time watching it. All in all we were very satisfied. I'm sure you will be too.

Just booked a cabin on the Aloha Deck on the Grand. Anyone out there have any insights?
We had cabin A402 (Port side) for the 12/09/2006 cruise and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Beds were firm and in good shape. Cabin was in good shape. Steward was young and quiet and had a real decorative touch with how the bedspread was arranged differently each night. Position in the ship was perfect - very little motion.

The cabin was quiet - MUTS speakers were barely heard. The only noise came from one day where passengers were dragging chairs or tables across the deck directly above.

Have a great cruise.

TP

We had A235 on the Chrismas cruise. We are going back on the Grand for Spring Break in early March and again are on the Aloha deck, but this time on the port side. The main thing I noticed about the balconys which are forward is they seem to be more private than those on the lower decks.

I prefer the Lido, but the Aloha served well enough. The trick is to be near a stairway in the proximity of the Neptune Pool/Horizon Court. The corridors are looooong and seem to go on forever.

The balconies are small (actually tiny), but covered. I used it primarily to dry out snorkel gear. On other lines I use the bath/shower for that, but they're way too small in GP's standard cabins.

Oh yeah, only one side of Aloha deck has a direct access door to the Terrace Pool. I think it was port. It's a long walk only to have to retrace your steps because you're on the wrong side of the ship.:o

Thanks for your reply. I thought they were across from each other? I guess I should call Princess to get clarification. Is starbird or port better? Are we to forward that we wont get to use our balcony? Thanks again

You are correct. 249 is an inside cabin and 247 outside, opposite one another on the starboard side of the ship.

Usually, the only complaints regarding balconies and forward postioning relates to cabins that are in the very front of the ship. In your case, this won't apply.

There's really no preference as to starboard or port. Neither side is any "better" than the other.

No need to call your TA. Princess's web site has complete deck plan, stateroom and public area layouts:

http://www.princess.com/ships/di/index.html

for your cabin locations, click on "Deck Plans", then select Aloha deck. All the cabin numbers, stairways, elevators, etc are readily displayed.

Archived