where to eat on lobster night on POH?

caserko

We're leaving in 3 days!!! What's the deal with lobster night (Tuesday, I believe) and where to eat? Can we book a main dining room for lobster night when we make all the other reservations for specialty restaurants right when we board? Can we even get lobster in a specialty restaurant? I want to avoid the long waits so would prefer to have a reservation. But then I remember the lobster is on the buffet--is that a better option?

Thanks!!

Unless you are in a large party of over 7, NCL won't book a reservation in the main dining rooms. And then either early or very late, not during the prime dinner hours just like any restaurant ashore on Friday night.

Just show up and dine on lobster tails in the main dining rooms.

You only need to book reservations early for the speciality restaurants.

I am not so sure the previous posters are correct. We were on the POH in Oct. On the "lobster night" (no big deal to us) we showed up at one of the main dining rooms and were told that EVERYTHING was booked up for the entire night in both dining rooms with reservations. We were (and are always willing) to wait for a table. But, we were told our only options were to go to a pay restaurant or go to the buffet. This was the first time this had ever happened to us on an NCL cruise. We were stunned.

For the first time ever in our cruising history....we were forced to eat dinner in the buffet!! Unreal!! I find it hard to believe that the entire evening was booked by parties of 7 or more. I also find it hard to believe that the entire dining schedules for the main dining rooms were booked by folks walking around with the beepers waiting for a table. Come on folks....the lobster is NOT that good.....a tiny little tail....usually overcooked. Why all the hype?? I would really like to know why everyone goes crazy over lobster night. I love lobster...but never look forward to it on a cruise. I can get better lobster at just about any restaurant anywhere on land.

Archived