NCL Spirit Kids Pool Area???

KerCar

The Spirit is a great ship for kids! We did it with our 2 last spring--ages 11 and 7. The kid's program never visits the pool--it's always open for everyone. I don't think they want to be responsible for kids in the pool during the kids club. The pool is relatively large for a kids cruise ship pool. It has a fountain in the middle, a ship with a cannon that shoots water, and two small waterslides. We've never seen one like it on a ship. Both our kids loved it. There are plenty of deck chairs around, and there is a hot tub right next to the pool, although it was closed off when we were there. There is also a toddler wading pool next to the kids pool.

The Spirit also has a huge arcade, and a wonderful kids indoor play area. I read somewhere that it is the ship with the best kids facilities, except for Disney.

We loved the pool area on the NCL Spirit.

There was plenty of lounge chairs in the sun and in the shade. My kids were 8 and 11 when we went. I even went into the pool with them on occasion. We went in August and there was a NCL staff person by the kids pool during peak times to manage the pool and keep kids from sliding down on top of one another. The kids seemed to all get the hang of it and waited until it was clear before they went down.

The area is set up like an amphi-theater so there are also levels of tables and chairs that were used quite a bit by families.

Archived