Luggage question

candlelady

I haven't flown in a long, long, time.....have they changed the size of the "carry-on" luggage. I have some of the smaller wheeled luggage that has always been called carry-ons but my husband seems to think that they are now too big.

Also, anyone know how RCI handles luggage for the land tours? We're on the ship first and then the land....will all our luggage go with us or not? I think I read on here that someone said about all you could take on the trains and motorcoaches were a bag no larger than a backpack. I want to pack light and not have too many bags but I have a horror of showing up at the airport and my "carry-on" being too large and then everything would have to be checked!

Yes, some of the airlines have changed the size and weight limits. You need to go the website of the airlines you are travelling on and read what their limits are.

I hope you aren't right about the backpack thing for trains and coaches. My carry-on is about 15" and that's what I will be taking with me. It's been okay in the past on tours, trains, buses, so hopefully it will still be okay.

We are doing the ship first, then the land tour too, but we will be on HAL. I haven't received my documents yet, so don't know their restrictions. I believe other posters have said one suitcase per person, but I don't know if the size of that suitcase is restricted. I hope not, as mine is the 29" largest suitcase the airlines allow.

Good luck and have a great cruisetour!:p

I haven't flown in a long, long, time.....have they changed the size of the "carry-on" luggage. I have some of the smaller wheeled luggage that has always been called carry-ons but my husband seems to think that they are now too big.

Also, anyone know how RCI handles luggage for the land tours? We're on the ship first and then the land....will all our luggage go with us or not? I think I read on here that someone said about all you could take on the trains and motorcoaches were a bag no larger than a backpack. I want to pack light and not have too many bags but I have a horror of showing up at the airport and my "carry-on" being too large and then everything would have to be checked!

You should be able to find the info on your airlines website, although they all seem to be about the same. When we flew US Air/America West last year to Honolulu, the carryon had to be less than 19"

Hope that helps!

dogdoc

According to the notes I've taken from here, your carry-on must go in 24X16” space - and I don't think length matters:confused: Check out your specific airlines rather than to take this for gospel - just because it's going to work for my airlines (which I've checked), doesn't mean it will for yours! ;)

Archived