Kudos for RCCL employee

Hi,

I am soooo impressed with the customer service I have had with Giuseppe, the Retail Sales Manager on the Monarch that I just had to tell all of my cruisecritic pals what he did.

I've been looking for a Christmas Tree ornament from all the RCI ships I've sailed upon, and although I've been on the Monarch 1000 times (ok, perhaps a little less than that :p ) I've not been able to find this ornament.

In December, I met Giuseppe (Joe), and told him that I was searching for the Adventure and the Vision ornaments as well, and have tried ebay and soliciting the help of friends on CC sailing those ships, and still haven't been able to purchase them.

Joe offered to email his colleagues onboard those ships and try to locate the items. He also said that he would keep an eye out on the Monarch for the ornament and would hold it for me, as we're sailing this afternoon!

Joe found an ornament and emailed me to let me know he will hold it for me!!!

HOW AWESOME IS THAT?????

I am truly impressed with his service and believe it is employees like him that go out of their way for us cruisers that make me want to "get out there" and sail their ships again!

:)

So has anyone else had awesome customer service from an RCCL employee? I'm hoping you all can share your stories of how an employee has gone above and beyond for you. Let's make this thread all about those that have been so awesome when they're so far from their home!

It's wonderful to hear something positive about a customer service person. Seems these boards are full of stories about only the negative! I don't have any happy stories to add as my experiences with them have also all been negative but it is great to hear that they do make some people smile.

Enjoy your ornament!

Thanks for sharing - nice story!

I would like to add too, that in calling RCI this past week, 3/4 people I talked to were very friendly and helpful. Incidentally these people were female it was a male that was quite unfriendly and very unhelpful, but I was very happy with the service of the ladies. I was sincerely surprised :D

Also just back from the Monarch. Add one Kudo for Yilmaz, the head waiter in the dining room. He was able to get Chocolate Creme Brule for me - even though they don't make that anymore because the dining room changed!!! He was awesome!

The last morning, he was busy, but still took time to show us the toothpick trick!

Awesome service!

We had a wonderful time!

Also want to put in kudos for Danny, the loyalty ambassador. He was great in getting a new cruise booked, and making sure that all benefits are issued. He also helped with a bad spa incident that our friend had the first day. He's always friendly and professional. He will be an asset on the Radiance.

Also kudos to Rosa Torres. She is the guest relations manager. She worked hard for us to get our noise stopped, and gave us extra treats on the sea day. She was such a great person. It was a pleasure to work with her!

I haven't been on a ship yet, but Larissa and Mina(sp?) in Crown & Anchor are wonderful. Katherine in Customer Service is great, too. Wish I could take them all with us!!!

I agree we complain about the bad help, but there are so many who do a great job and deserve our praise.

Archived