Victory or Valor

cnlshea

I am looking into taking a cruise in April. I really liked the Liberty but I waited to long and can not get a balcony room for 4 :( . Has anyone been on both ships and could compare? it is myself my wife and 2 teenage sons. Our favorite part of cruising is being on the ship with the ports as bonuses so that won't help make up our minds. Anyone please help thanks

I am looking into taking a cruise in April. I really liked the Liberty but I waited to long and can not get a balcony room for 4 :( . Has anyone been on both ships and could compare? it is myself my wife and 2 teenage sons. Our favorite part of cruising is being on the ship with the ports as bonuses so that won't help make up our minds. Anyone please help thanks

I'm going on the Valor tomorrow, i was on the Victory 3 years ago. All Destiny, Conquest and Spirit class ships are simply amazing and you will no doubt have a great time with either choice.

Personally, i always prefer to book the "newer" ship a line offers, I'm working on my 7th cruise and "my" booking rules are a) i pick a ship i haven't been on to keep the experience new and b) i go for the newer ship as i find the staff to be usually one notch above.

I could be totally wrong in this logic but i always felt that if i worked for a cruise line for a length of time, the goal as an employee may be to get on the newer and nicer ship. I think the cruise lines may promote this way as well, thus providing (in some cases) their better employees on the newer ships.

Bottom line, pick the Valor, but if you can't get on it to your liking, go with the Victory as you will still have a sensational vacation.

cnishea,

I've been on Liberty & Victory, but not Valor. I can tell you from experience that there's not enough difference between Victory and Liberty to make an easy choice; Liberty was new, but Victory was so well maintained that it seemed just as new. The size difference isn't noticeable between the two. Liberty, as well as Valor, have an extra fee supper club whereas Victory does not. Valor doesn't have a big screen TV on Lido like Liberty so Victory and Valor are similar in design there.

While I haven't done Valor, if it were me, I'd choose whichever offered the better room choice and ports of call.

If you choose Victory, I have a few webshots albums that you can surf through for pictures:

Embarkation at Port of Miami

Victory in Cozumel

Victory Grand Cayman

Victory Ocho Rios

Victory

Victory days at Sea

Formal Photos Carnival Victory

And here's pictures of Valor chasing Victory out to sea from Port of Miami (click to enlarge):

379368367HWVenI_th.jpg

379368143IDMkQW_th.jpg

We've been on both and for me there really is not much difference..I'd just pick one for the rooms available and the ports that you might like..The thing I like most about Carnival lately is that they now have 3 full sea days on most 7 day cruises....Dennis

I've been on Victory twice (booked third time for this August) and Conquest (Valor's sister) once, and will be sailing Liberty in 3 weeks. If you're looking for the "extras" like sushi, supper club, and fish and chips, you'll want Valor - Victory doesn't have them. If the extras and the ports don't matter to you, I'd go with a balcony on Victory if you enjoy the balcony. The only real difference I saw between the balcony cabins on Conquest and Victory is that Conquest had a refrigerator while Victory did not.

Everyone, thanks for the information you have shared about the Victory. PaulMedik, those pictures are wonderful. I've booked for a September 07 Canada/ New England on the Victory. I am even more jazzed than before. I've only cruised with Carnival once and that was on the Fantasy years ago Robin:)

thank you everyone for your responses. I have been reading other threads and I am starting to get worried about the Victory. I am reading that there seems to be a lot of vibrations in the dining room. I know it is what you make of it and once I am on board the only thing on my mind will be to have a good time. It does look like Victory has the availability for a balcony for 4 so looks like I will be there in April I cant wait

thank you everyone for your responses. I have been reading other threads and I am starting to get worried about the Victory. I am reading that there seems to be a lot of vibrations in the dining room. I know it is what you make of it and once I am on board the only thing on my mind will be to have a good time. It does look like Victory has the availability for a balcony for 4 so looks like I will be there in April I cant wait

I never noticed it in the dining room (we had the Pacific dining room which is aft). I did, however, notice the vibration, in my cabin, which was, also, aft. But the vibration was not bad and I only noticed it pulling in and out of ports.

for the original question, I've never been on the Valor, but I have been on Victory and I loved it. I don't have 1 single complaint about it. It's very clean and well kept, I loved the "sea" theme and the crew was great. I, also, like the size.

Archived