Airport transfers

stretts

We are on cruise R715 April 14th and are flying up from Adelaide. This is not a fly/cruise package. How long does it take to get to the wharf from the airport? We fly in at 11.00am.

Does the P&O shuttle let us on that and what time does it run, or will we have to get a taxi to the wharf. Thanks if anyone can advise.

Sue

Hi Stretts,

Brisbane Airport to the cruise wharf at Hamilton is about a 15-20 minute taxi ride. Of course at peak times it could take a little longer. I can't help you with the P&O shuttle. Did you book your flights through through P&O?

Good morning. I have read on some of peoples reviews about getting on P&O shuttle even if you dont do package. I think they said $10.00. Not sure if it was BRISBANE or SYDNEY. Scout through some reviews. Suexxx

Hi Sue,

We will be on the same cruise as you and we are also from Adelaide!

From past experience, last year (although on the Sun and Sydney) we rocked up at the Airport and spoke to a P&O rep. who was waiting at the baggage pick up to direct P&O customers to waiting coaches . We told him we needed to get to the Ship also and charged us $10 from memory or something and a few $$ for the kids.

I'm just guessing that they will have a rep at the airport when we arrive into Brisbane and we will then ask to join the waiting coaches.;)

Has anyone done a cruise on the Star recently who arrived by Brisbane airport to confirm this?

Regards,

Peter

AussieDFand I did the airport to the ship thing in Oct. We didn't book a package through P&O, but when we got the the airport, we saw the P&O rep, and asked him about the transfer, and he let us on the bus for free. We even caught it back to the airport after the cruise.

I was told that the Brisbane to Hamilton wharf transfer was free courtesy of P&O? Some ppl on our cruise caught it when coming in for free. I tried to see it when we arrived back at the wharf in Brisbane but it was a bloody mess with taxis, cars, mini buses and ppl for the next cruise everywhere.

I was told that the Brisbane to Hamilton wharf transfer was free courtesy of P&O? Some ppl on our cruise caught it when coming in for free. I tried to see it when we arrived back at the wharf in Brisbane but it was a bloody mess with taxis, cars, mini buses and ppl for the next cruise everywhere.

I think it's only "free" if you book the flights through P&O as a part of the cruise booking, in which case they include the transfer to/from Hamiliton (or Darling Harbour in Sydney).

In reailty you pay for it that way as from what I can see the P&O airfares are more expensive than if you book them yourself.

Kym

In Brisbane.. the buses were free when the ship docked at Pinkenba, because no other transport was allowed near the site.

since the new terminal is in use, you must pay ( although some people have been lucky to get on the airport bus for free) taxis, buses etc can take you close to the ship now, so unless you are on a P&O package , you must get there under your own steam.

In Sydney I use the Airport shuttle, cheaper than a taxi, and drops you off at Darling harbour cruise terminal.

kindest regards, Lorraine:) :)

Archived