Mexico beach/port ideas with infant?

freya

Hi everyone,

My husband and I are so excited to be taking our 11 month old son on our first cruise (RCCL Feb. 18) and I've learned so much from reading your posts! Does anyone have suggestions for shore excursions in Cabo, Mazatlan, or PV? With the baby, we're thinking mainly beaches that have gentle water, but possibly something like whale-watching unless you recommend against it.

Also, can anyone tell me how resort day passes work? Is this something all the resorts offer? I like the idea of having access to the facilities while at the beach.

Any beach tips for babies? Our little one has never played in sand before.

Thanks so much!

Terri

In Puerto Vallarta there's no question - the Krystal Vallara is the best choice. It's a 10 minute walk (if you are looking from the ship, you will see a white wall behind the marketplace, with a yellow building behind it. You walk through that gate, down that street and at the end is the Krystal gate that says "Welcome Cruisers"). You pay $20 per adult for the day pass, which is then applied to your food and drinks, so it's a great deal. They have a playground with swings, a great kids pool and a nice beach. You can tip one of the guys to get you some lounge chairs under an umbrella on the beach. Bring the little blow up pool you'll be using in the shower to the beach and it becomes a nice little play area to put your child in on the beach. (Even in the shade, you need to use lots of sunscreen). I also bring a blow up floater for the pool that's made for infants.

I wasn't happy with our choices in Mazatlan and Cabo (ship beach breaks), so I'd suggest you go to the ports of call board and ask there. I've heard the Ed Cid in Mazatlan is great for kids.

Have fun!

Best,

Mia

Archived