Since search isn't working Dawn mini-suite balcony question...

redhotpepper

We are planning a cruise on the Dawn next January and most likely will be booking a mini-suite. It will by me, hub and our 2 girls who will be 5 and 8 then.

Hubby is worried about the kids out on the balcony and I'm thinking they have the plexiglass railing but I told him I'd confirm. I could just see our skinny little girls trying to fit through the railings if they are the metal kind. Yes, we do keep an eagle eye on them but you all probably know how quick kids can be.

Also, does anyone know what the dimensions of the balconies are? I saw that someone had brought a blowup pool and put on the balcony and I thought that was a great idea just in case they need a little time away from lots of other kids but still want to do a little splashing.

Thanks for any info you can give me!

Annie

Oh yes, any experience with the kids crew you have would be great too.

Hubby is worried about the kids out on the balcony and I'm thinking they have the plexiglass railing but I told him I'd confirm. I could just see our skinny little girls trying to fit through the railings if they are the metal kind. Yes, we do keep an eagle eye on them but you all probably know how quick kids can be.

Annie

Don't think your girls could fit through the railings and there are safety locks on the balcony doors.

Just remind and preach to your girls about NOT going near the railings....they would have to climb up to get over the railings.

Yes, kids are quicker than the eye;)

Hi,

If you want to have a look at one of the mini-suite balconies - voila: (ignore me...)

483643734vuHAcH_th.jpg

Here you can see the balcony from the outside (the one with a towel )

483643453Nmdfoq_th.jpg

I think, it could be dangerous - because if you leave your children unattended at the balcony, they can climb the chairs. The balcony is wonderful - but watch your children and never leave them alone!

Wendy

I have often stood at balconies (whether on ships or land) and always consider them dangerous. While I don't think children the age of yours can slip through the balcony on the Dawn, I would always watch them and never leave them on the balcony unattended.

I would not let them wander the halls unattended either. Best bet is to take them where they want to go.

I'm a bit of a worry wart though - others may disagree with me.

I'm a bit of a worrier too. I guess just in some ways. I don't let my kids go out into the front yard unless I'm with them. Heck, I hardly let them go in the back yard without me! We live directly across from the elementary school and my kids don't even get in the car to drive that far without buckling up in their booster seats.

On the other hand, if they're beating the snot out of each other and I warn them someone is going to get hurt, I don't feel sorry for them when someone *does* get hurt! The motto at our house is, no blood no bandaid.

I am a little worried because my brother and his wife are not nearly as diligent about their daughter not doing things like wandering the halls. Since they'll be staying on deck 4 or 5, I wouldn't be surpised if they let her (she'll be 8) come to our room by herself. Not a chance in he!! our kids will be doing that!

Annie

Archived