Approx cost for 3rd and 4th

joejo

Hello!

I have been trying to figure out the price of 3rd and 4th guests. I have 2 kids and so far it seems like the most I will save is $50 per child. Is this right?

We are looking at cruising around christmas time in 2007 and want to leave out of FL. We aren't picky about the ship or the ports-heck we'll be cruising! The rest is just details, lol! And we are looking for at least 4 days but we want to keep the costs down as we have to fly there.

I thought I had read that 3rd and 4th were cheaper than I have come up with. How much of a difference did you get for your extras?

Oh, can I book 4 people in a 1a guar? On the website it gives me that option but I thought it had to be a 4a at least. I dunno, help please!

(I did a search and came up with either nothing or a zillion posts!)

The Carnival.com site [among others] will give you the 3rd/4th pax rate. For many 7-day cruises, often $300 less. A holiday cruise is generally more expensive than most...and your 4rd/4th person discount might also be less.

You can't put 4 people in a 1a. Carnival.com will eventually "error you out" if you try to do that

The rates really do vary depending upon the sailing, I find shopping on one of the big travel sites easier to get pricing for the 3rd and 4th person rates...

I have seen the rates be half, and I have seen them be $50 less, so that getting an extra cabin is a better deal...

Just my experience from my upcoming cruise-

1.)the extra person in cabin (3rd-being teen son) did not qualify for military discount, only past guest rate.

2.)for 8 day cruise roughly $400 less than our rate in room.

3.)port fees are the same for everyone and not always quoted in room pricing, plus taxes. So in theory a $199 rate can double with port fees. (When we missed a port due to weather they gave us back $50 shipboard credit, so perhaps that is a rough rate of each port? Just a guess)

Our upcoming cruise my son would be bringing a friend and decided two teens in our cabin were a bit much. We chose an across the hall from us interior (4D) and paid premium of $300 extra per person as they were now 1st & 2nd passengers.

The good news as sailing date got closer to final payment date, upgrades for interiors were offerered, and went on sale so in the end it was $400 cheaper to book in their own room :D

*Carnival did not allow minors to be booked alone, we had to add an adult/child in each room and will rearrange at embarking.

I think it really does depend on the sailing. We are sailing over Christmas this year on the Pride and our 3rd person rate is $420 less than our 1st & 2nd person. But keep your eyes open for price drops. They often only last one day. I nearly cut our cruise price in 1/2 last year when I caught a one-day sale... called and they reduced the price on my booking.

Be thankful that Carnival's 3rd/4th passenger rates are equal or lower than the first two passengers. On other lines the 3rd passenger may pay a higher rate than the first two. No, there are no extra amenities offered to the 3rd person but triple/quad cabins are in high demand so the price is higher.

It is impossible to say how much less the 3rd person should cost. On peak holidays you may pay the same or only $30-40 less.

Archived