Transportation to Baby Beach

vjh8799

I need information about transportation to and from Baby Beach. We would rather not rent a car and wonder if there is bus service to Baby Beach. If you have to take a taxi, are there phones nearby to phone for a taxi for the return trip. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I need information about transportation to and from Baby Beach. We would rather not rent a car and wonder if there is bus service to Baby Beach. If you have to take a taxi, are there phones nearby to phone for a taxi for the return trip. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Hey there!

We spent a day at Baby Beach last January when we were on the AOS. The beach was wonderful - you can walk out at least 100 feet and still only have the water at your waist. This beach is outstanding for kids!

We rented a Jeep at the port and drove there - it took about 20 minutes to get there (we actually got lost and had to back track a bit). The beach itself is quite secluded and there is not much vehicular traffic in that area, so if you really want to go - I suggest your own transportation.

Good Luck!

You probably will be better off if you do rent your own jeep- the taxi fare to and from would probably be equivocal to the jeep rental. And, I do not believe there is a taxi cue waiting around at the beach, so you would have to rely on someone coming back to get you.

The island is beautiful (we did the ABC full day jeep tour) and it would be well worth your money to at least ride the perimeter of the island and end up at Baby Beach for the afternoon. Baby Beach is beautiful, there is excellent snorkeling over by the rocks- someone from the ship brought small boxes of Frosted Flakes and the fish went nuts for the cereal! At one point my son was surrounded by fish to the point that I could almost not see him!

Archived