Costa Magica March 25th - Anyone Else Going?

cruzdreamin

My husband and I (38 & 41) and 2 kids (16 & 12) are sailing on Costa for the first time. We sailed on the Carnival Legend about 3 years ago during Spring Break and hope this one is comparable.

Any one else on this sailing, with or without kids?

Jody

Hello Cruizdreamin,

Here is the link to the thread that was started a while back. It is unfortunate that there isn't a lot of activity on this thread. You'll be able to catch up quickly!

Home Cruise Agencies | Yellow Pages

Go Back Cruise Critic Message Boards > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Costa Cruises

Reload this Page March 25th, Costa Magica Western Carribbean, Anyone Going?

Cruzdreaming Jody,

My wife and I (39 and 43) will be sailing with a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. We are counting down the days (56 to go, if my math is correct). This will be our 3rd family cruise, but our first with Costa. One of our previous Carnival cruises (Miracle to West Carib.) also took place during spring break. We had a great time. There were lots of children onboard then and I will bet we have plenty on this cruise as well. We upgraded to a balcony cabin on our last cruise and now we can't imagine not having our own balcony. Maybe we will see you onboard or on a shore excursion. Our plans call for Xel-ha and Tulum in Cozumel, Stingray City with Moby Dick tours in the Caymans, Dunn's River Falls and River tubing with Phil Lafayette tours in Jamaica and a beach day on Grand Turk.

Paul and Amy of Lakeland, FL

Well, I couldn't find the attached thread with others on this cruise. Hi Paul and Amy. We are really looking forward to this as well and it is funny you last sailed on the Miracle as it is the sister ship to the Legend. We did the southern caribbean out of Ft.Lauderdale (St. Maartin, Barbados, Martinique).

For excursions on this cruise we are doing the following: Cozumel- an all-inclusive beach club, Nachi Cocom (booked through Island Marketing or cozumelcruiseexcursions.com); Grand Cayman - Wave Runner Snorkel trip through Shore Trips; Ocho Rios - River Tubing & Dunns (through Island Marketing) and in Grand Turk we are doing the reef & rays through Costa and then hanging out at the beach. We decided not to do the stingrays in Grand Cayman because there will be 7 large cruise ships (including Freedom of the seas with almost 5000) in that day with about 20,000 people total so we thought the stingray city would be very crowded.

There has to be more people cruising on this ship during this time.

C'mon people! This trip is during the last rounds of the NCAA tournament? As you can see, I'm a Jayhawk. So I'll be very much into the tournament, especially if KU can make it out of the 2nd round!

So, tell us what you are looking forward to on this trip and who you'll be cheering for during Tourny time.

• 4 weeks later...

My partner and I are on this cruise and can't wait! We've cruised them all, but haven't been on one is couple of years...so this one is going to be special. Last cruise was on Costa Med and can't wait for the FINE Italian cuisine.

Cheers!

Stan

YAY! I can't wait!! I can't believe it is only 6 weeks! I am hearing this cruise is almost full, so I can't imagine that no one else on this site is going.

Been meaning to reply to your post sooner, but kinda busy. I will be on board with my 3 girls (19, 17, 15) and son (13). Should be fun. This is one of the spring break weeks in Florida, so I hope there are plenty of kids. Did the Southern Caribbean on the Carnival Legend last spring break and found there to be plenty of kids.

Well it is good to see someone else with teenagers is going! My daughter is 16 and my son is 12 (will be turning 13 on the cruise). It is funny that our last cruise was on the Carnival Legend during spring break to the So Caribe as well (but back in '04)!

Well, one week from tomorrow we leave for Ft. Lauderdale.

I have to start packing because I have no idea when I'll be able to do it during the week.

I'm glad to have read some really positive reviews of the Magica and can't wait for toga night. :eek: :D

Swidman,

Big Gator fan here. If things play out, we may be able to take in a Kansas/Florida Final 4 game at sea on the 31st.

That would be cool. Then you can watch the Jayhawks beat the Gators for the second time this year. :D

Actually, as long as the Jayhawks can make it out of the first round this year I'll be happy. *cough*Bradley*cough* *cough*Bucknell*cough*

Yes, we are getting a bit off topic, so I'll bring it back in a little.

I was reading Cruise Travel's article about Grand Turks and I'm eagerly anticipating touring around the Island. We'll probably take in Margaritaville and take a dip in the pool. The article talks about how nice the port looks. It'll be nice to see a new port facility. It's supposed to be state of the art. They even have their own radio station (97.1 FM) playing over the sound system.

So, in almost one week, we go cruisin'!

Let the packing begin!!!

We have our daughter (10 years) packed and DW and I are almost done.

This week is so hectic we decided tonight was the best time to get a majority of it done.

Dave and Julie

Great to see more kids the same age as mine. Mine (Girls -19,17,15 & Boy -13) will be thrilled to know this. Most of the conversation and activity yesterday revolved around the trip. Girls claim to need new everything, so we spent the day shopping. Plan to be packed Friday night.

To all on this board with kids...have you ever made advance plans to meet one another once on the ship? Never tried to make friends before a cruise.

Ron

Archived