Spa and Medicine Question

sensation412

I am going on my first cruise in April and need to know if you have to take prescription medicines in the original bottles or can you just bring the ones needed for the trip.

Also...can a list of spa prices be obtained before the trip or do you just get surprised there?

I would think that it would be like transporting illegal drugs because they have no idea what they are or who they are for. If something happens to you, will others know exactly what pills you take daily..Your pharmacy will be able to give you a second empty bottle if you ask them to do so. Take the pills that you need for the trip and maybe a couple of extra in case something happens...your bottles tell others what you are taking.

It is no different these days in school. You cant take tylenol to school without a doctors note and it must be brought to school in the original container. Hope this helps you to understand.

If this isnt correct, someone please tell me.

If you are flying and carrying on your medications, you have to follow the following TSA guidelines:

TSA: Carry On Policy: Medication & Special Needs Devices

Please make sure your medications are properly labeled with a professionally printed label identifying the medication and manufacturer's name or pharmaceutical label. The prescription medicine must match the name on the passenger's ticket.

If you have them packed in your luggage, the airlines don't care. Also, the cruise doesn't worry what meds you bring with you.

Someone out there - correct me if I'm wrong!

I would second (or third) the recommendation that you take your meds in their proper bottles. These cruise ships go to "foreign ports" where drugs are sold without a prescription. I have never had a problem with the drug dogs at the end of the cruise, but better safe than sorry.

Archived