Conquest cruise -- port ideas?

katgilm

Our teenage boys like to snorkel and skim board. (Skim boarding is when the child skims along the top of the waves at the shoreline on a board, so good ocean waves are a must.) The moms would also like to do a little shopping. What are the best places to go for this at the MoBay, Cozumel and Grand Caymen ports? (I've posted this question on the port forums but thought I'd post here too.)

Thanks!

I think I'd recommend Punta Sur for the boys to do their thing in Cozumel. There's plenty of shopping near the piers for the moms. You simply MUST visit the stingrays in Grand Cayman! I don't have any recommendations for MoBay. You will love the Conquest!

Our teenage boys like to snorkel and skim board. (Skim boarding is when the child skims along the top of the waves at the shoreline on a board, so good ocean waves are a must.) The moms would also like to do a little shopping. What are the best places to go for this at the MoBay, Cozumel and Grand Caymen ports? (I've posted this question on the port forums but thought I'd post here too.)

Thanks!

This should help you with Coz.....

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/Beaches

I have never seen any ocean waves at any of the ports, it's more like lake waves.

When we were at Punta Sur in Cozumel not quite 2 months ago, the waves were definitely "ocean waves" in the area of the lighthouse. This is on the southern tip of the island. I guess they're bigger there, because they were breaking pretty high. (We enjoyed watching the waves as we ate our lunch at the lighthouse.) As we traveled back up the beach to the snorkeling area, the water was much smoother.

I have never seen any ocean waves at any of the ports, it's more like lake waves.

When we were at Punta Sur in Cozumel not quite 2 months ago, the waves were definitely "ocean waves" in the area of the lighthouse. This is on the southern tip of the island. I guess they're bigger there, because they were breaking pretty high. (We enjoyed watching the waves as we ate our lunch at the lighthouse.) As we traveled back up the beach to the snorkeling area, the water was much smoother.

Thanks!

Here is something they may be interested in: Black Pearl Skate & Surf Park. www.blackpearl.ky its about 10k from the dock - 15 min taxi.

Mike

I was just curious about the restaurant at the lighthouse. This thread might not be the place to ask, but since you mentioned it, I thought I'd see what I could find out. I checked the Cozumel Insider site, but didn't find anything.

TIA,

Archived