Belize snorkel excursions from Grand

gomomgo

Has anyone done the New Waves rays and reef snorkel, Rendezvous Cay snorkel or Goff's Cay through the Grand Princess excursions? Can't decide which one to do.

We did the Rendezvous Cay snorkel last year on the Grand. It was a very good trip, but I thought it was a little crowded around the island on the guided snorkel. A few years ago we did the rays and reef snorkel through Royal Caribbean. They call theirs Shark Ray Alley, but it's the same trip. If you haven't swam with rays (and sharks!:eek: ) before, I recommend that one. It was an amazing experience. Both tours pick you up at the ship, so it's very convenient and you don't have to tender in to catch your tour boat.

If you like to snorkel, I recommend the Palancar Reef snorkel in Cozumel. The snorkeling at the deep reef is incredible, and it was a fairly small group (15-20) on a great dive boat. We liked it so much we're doing the same excursion in Cozumel in March.

Whatever you decide, have a great time!:D

We did the New Waves snorkle with the rays and small sharks in Feb 06, it was totally cool. For some reason, everyone else was afraid to get close to the shark (he was only about 5-6 feel long) but I wasn't afraid, and it was so cool to be that close. I tried to touch him (around the tail area of course!) but he was too fast. The sting rays were ENORMOUS and were very neat too, but felt slimy. The snorkeling was very good too, so I would recommend it the tour. One cool thing was we stepped right off the ship onto a VERY LARGE catamaran boat, so didn't have to go ashore. The boat ride was nice and the crew was also very nice. Go on it if you get a chance.

The Grand's excursions for the day list the rays & reef from 8am-12 and then the Goff's Cay from 1-4:30. Any idea if you could possibly do both in the day? I know it would be tiring, but Goff's Cay looks like you could hang out and relax. I'd really hate to be done by noon with nothing more to do.

The Grand's excursions for the day list the rays & reef from 8am-12 and then the Goff's Cay from 1-4:30. Any idea if you could possibly do both in the day? I know it would be tiring, but Goff's Cay looks like you could hang out and relax. I'd really hate to be done by noon with nothing more to do.

You probably could, but I think it would be very tight. If you decide to try to do both, you should definitely stick with the Princess excursions. I think if #1 was late getting back and you missed #2 you could probably get a refund, but if you booked independently you'd be out of luck.

Has anyone done the New Waves rays and reef snorkel, Rendezvous Cay snorkel or Goff's Cay through the Grand Princess excursions? Can't decide which one to do.

I've done the Rendezvous Cay twice. Obviously enjoyed it. The snorkeling is good, lots of fish. I especially liked that the snorkel boat picked us up at and returned us to the ship - didn't have to tender.:)

Didn't like that the boat, a two decker, was very crowded. They combined two different snorkel trips for the same boat. I think the other was a snuba?

But crowds and cruise ship tours go together.

You'll find a couple of pix of Rendezvous Cay here:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/552120505VGqCka

I second the Palancar reef trip in Coz. It is first rate! I'd previously used Eagle Ray, but because of tendering and port times I booked thru the ship. The snorkel boat again was crowded, but it was a small boat, so not too many people. The tour guides were top notch and the snorkeling world class. Lots of coral and sea life, including a few Manta Rays!

Archived