Am I going to be disappointed?

Scoop65

My wife and I are taking our second southern caribbean cruise this June on the AOS. We sailed in 2005 on our honeymoon and did the Aruba route. This time, we're doing the Barbados route and we're taking our 3 kids (14, 9, and 9), my Mom, Dad, sister, and her Mom and Dad.

On our honeymoon we had a junior suite and had a fabulous time. This time, in order to get an adjoining room for the kids and to not to have to sell the family Picasso, we're going to be in an ocean view room on the 3rd deck. Our extended family will also be on the 3rd deck with us.

While everyone else is fired up about the trip, I'm afraid I'm going to be a little let down by not having a balcony. Don't get me wrong, it's still going to be a great trip, especially with all the family, but I'm not psyched about just having a window. Someone give me some encouragement about having an ocean view cabin.

I don't know if it will help, but we have had everything from inside rooms, to outside rooms, to rooms with a balcony. I won't lie to you and say we didn't enjoy the balcony, but we have enjoyed every cruise we have taken. The one time that we had an inside room, we just spent more time on deck. Usually we tried to find a place away from the pool where it was quieter, like on the side of the ship. My wife and I both enjoy the water so much, we just like to sit and look out over the ocean. You will love it no matter. I would be happy to cruise if all we ever had was an inside room. Matter of fact, because we are on a fixed income and getting up in years, we just may get inside cabins and cruise more often.

No! You will not be disappointed at all! Our first cruise was an oceanview, the second was inside, the third was balcony, the fourth was inside, and we have had junior suites and tiny upper and lowers on Carnival along the way. We are always glad to have the balcony when we book one, but we are never crushed not having it while we're on the cruise. Have fun!

To me, it is just a little incentive to get my butt up and out on the decks to walk off some of the food I've eaten instead of loitering around the cabin sitting on the balcony, LOL.

Good point!

I may use that philosophy for the next booking. :)

Someone give me some encouragement about having an ocean view cabin.
Our second cruise was on the Monarch with a inside, Our first cruise was on the Vision with a inside. we went from a small cabin to a smaller cabin, but you know what we had a blast. IMHO a cruise is what you make it. The main reason I booked the inside cabins was Money, or the lack of it.

just get out there and have a great time.

All jokes aside... have you thought of putting the kids across the hall from you in an inside instead of next door to you. Then you do not have to have the same cat. cabins. We are doing that on our upcoming cruise. We are balcony addicts but the kids get a promenade not a balcony. They are 11.

As everyone is said you will have fun no matter what. We did that itin years ago on the AOS it was great!!!

You could consider switching to a Radiance Class ship. I believe on either deck 8 or 9 the rear most exterior cabin on both sides of the ship is actually an inside cabin (no windows or deck) and it is connected to a balcony cabin!!! The best of both worlds!

You could consider switching to a Radiance Class ship. I believe on either deck 8 or 9 the rear most exterior cabin on both sides of the ship is actually an inside cabin (no windows or deck) and it is connected to a balcony cabin!!! The best of both worlds!

I believe this exists on the Voyager class: On Deck 9 on the sides of the ship all the way aft, there is a Cat D1, 9676 attached to an inside stateroom, 9681. On the starboard side of the ships, the numbers are D1-9376 and inside 9381. A dreamy set up, if not for this cruise, then for the future.

However, for the OP, Scoop, I think he has a pretty good setup, what with 9? people in his party. The family is just one short flight of stairs down from the promenade deck (and I do mean the REAL ship's promenade) so fresh air and being "out there" at a moments notice is at their fingertips. Within two minutes, they can be zipping up onto the helipad to see the latest action the captain is announcing--see all the comings and goings for arriving and departing each port of call. I think that this can be considered a heap of plusses.

Balconies are lovely, and certainly special for a honeymoon, but staying elsewhere on a ship can have some surprising advantages.

Bon Voyage!!

Leslie

I believe this exists on the Voyager class: On Deck 9 on the sides of the ship all the way aft, there is a Cat D1, 9676 attached to an inside stateroom, 9681. On the starboard side of the ships, the numbers are D1-9376 and inside 9381. A dreamy set up, if not for this cruise, then for the future.

Leslie

oops... thanks for the correction... I knew I had seen it but apparently my memory failed on which class of ship it was. Sigh... getting older by the minute.:o

Archived