?'s about packing, weather, which night is formal night, etc.?

BlessedBeingMom

We are trying to figure out which specific clothes to pack as we leave next week. We are going out of Mobile on the Holiday. How far south will it be warm enough for shorts? Will it be warm enough the next morning, which is the first full day on the ship? Also, will it be warm enough for the pool on that day? It is a five day cruise with stops at Costa Maya and Cozumel.

Also, does anyone who's been on this particular cruise know which day the formal night is on? I am guessing it is Sunday which is the first full day at sea, since Monday is Costa Maya and Tuesday is Cozumel, and we travel back on Wednesday, but I could certainly be wrong and I'd like to be prepared.

When you get to the ship, how much do you usually carry on versus have taken to your room? Is there anything in particular a person might ordinarily pack (like a book of matches, or a utility pocket thing, has a small but not very sharp knife, etc.) that can't be carried on? How many suitcases do you usually end up with?

What is recommended to put in your personal carry-on besides the obvious (money, passports, valuables, medicine)? And I know you read about people's luggage not making it to your room, but how common is this really? I am wondering if it is just one of those things you hear more about because it's rare, or if it really does occur a lot. How much clothing would you actually carry on?

I'm sorry to have so many questions. We just booked this cruise about a month ago (and it is our first!), so we haven't had a lot of time to prepare for it but I have spent tons of time reading this board. Thank you all so much for all the help I've been getting from these boards! :)

Dinner the first night is casual just in case your luggage hasn't arrived by then. This pertains mostly to those who have early seating. We have ALWAYS had our luggage before early seating. Some people carry their swim things on so they can change and hang out at the pool. We usually board in clothes that would be appropriate for dinner (just in case that pesky luggage is late). The only things I have in my carry-on are the obvious, jewelry, medicine, money. Why drag lots of things on yourself when they'll do it for you. No prohibitions about sharps like the airlines.....carry your pocketknife on if you wish.

I know you won't believe me, but you will only wear half of the clothes you take on your first cruise.;) You spend so much time in a bathing suit you don't really need that many outfits.

Have a wonderful time!:D

My SIL had the last piece of luggage for the Miracle......she checked throughout the evening but didn't get her bag until Midnight and she had to get it.............her room tag was missing(or she forgot to put it on, It could be a possibility;) ) So they held it in a closet by the pursers desk.

What was surprising to me, was her luggage tag with her name was still on it. You think they would have searched the name in the computer/manifest.

1st night at sea..ect....I wear nice top w/ blk pants..and cary on nicer duds in hang bag..with pretty top for 1st night..of course meds, $$, face, jewels, other.. shoes... in a small rolly(use as purse too) so minimum stuff to schlep in the line. chk as many bags as u want..w/whatever u want to bring..tip accordingly.I've never had to wait for cabin to be turned, and got right in and unpacked carry -ons..go hv lunch, then make table res at 1:00. formal is 2nd night..and past guest..nxt to last night/formal..dressy-uppy is nice for pix. hope tis helps...I leave Mon on "MY" Holiday..4th time in 3 mos. ya hoo!!!!

Check Mexico weather on line..for idea of temps etc..O got my pancho for nxt week..warmish tho..was 90* in Nov!!!

Tricia,

I just returned from the Fantasy out of NOLA. The Holiday will take the same exact route to Coz, except the Fantasy must navigate the Mississippi for 8 hours first. As far as the weather, I can tell you this: when the ship pulled out of NOLA, it was drizzle and 50 degrees. Twelve hours later, when I got up at 4:30 am to get some pizza (yes, I was hungry!) it was already a balmy 73 degrees. Yes, your first day at sea on deck you will be in your shorts/swimsuit!:D

Archived