Can someone explain the process of tendering to me?

MamaParrotHead

Didn't have to tender on our last cruise and I am CLUELESS as to the entire process, other than there a line somewhere to get on a boat to take you to shore, LOL.

Specifically wondering about Grand Cayman, but thought this would be better here, as I would think different lines have different processes.

Our ship (Triumph) arrives at 7:30 and our excursion (Jeep tour through Island Marketing) is supposed to meet at the Blue Iguana (in Georgetown, near where the tenders drop us off, I think) at 8:15. Is there anything specific I can try to do to be there on time?

Thanks!

MommaParrotHead,

Don't worry. The capers will tell you exactly where to go & what time to be there. AND the CD will be up bright & early making announcements to to keep you on track. As far as loading & unloading on the tenders go, it's all very safe. The times that we have tendered, there have been plenty of strong arms helping you along.I have some pictures of us on the tenders...just click on the link below.

HAPPY CRUISING DREAMS!

MamaParrotHead,

Tenders are boarded on Deck 0. They'll announce a time that the first tenders will arrive and also a time that the last tenders will leave the pier to return to the ship; just don't be late for the return trip and you'll be fine.

Here's the steps you go down to get on the tender in Grand Cayman (CLICK TO ENLARGE):

382954544ysliQW_th.jpg

Here's a tender disembarding to the ship in Grand Cayman:

382954722ADyoZH_th.jpg

Here's a tender at an RCCL ship in Grand Cayman:

382959028RyUjmu_th.jpg

View from our balcony of a tender coming along side our ship in Grand Cayman:

382958806TgyRAF_th.jpg

Good advice from the last 2 posters. If you have a private tour booked, and are not a Platinum Member, then Carnival will begin giving out tender tickets (usually in the Atrium) early that morning.

We very rarely use the cruise ship tours and always had to stand on this line. Most times I did not have my whole party with me and had to fight for tender tickets (1 for each person). Unfortunately if I remember correctly, I did get up really early, and was usually among the first 5 on line waiting...

Carnival allows Platinum Members and Ship Booked Tour Passengers off first. Your tour guide should know this and will be waiting for you.

My humble opinion on the tendering process: It makes coming and going from the ship a bit more complicated, but it is worth it for the amazing photo opportunity. I always get my best shots of the ship from the tender. If it is a short stop in port, I usually book an excursion so we can get off the ship on an early tender to make the most of the day.

So, about this line for tender tickets....If we're to arrive in port at 7:30, what time should I get in line (and it sounds like I should drag the other 5 people with me), in an attempt to get ahead of the crowd?

It's really not a line, you go to the area that they will be giving out tender tickets, usually the Atrium or aft lounge, you will get numbers at the door and just go take a seat until your group of numbers is called.

It usually is no more than 15 minutes (atleast in my experience)

Than you will all parade down to deck 0 and board the tenders.

Archived