Kid Club Questions for a newbie

ashee54

We are thinking of taking a cruise this summer with our kids that will be 6 and 2. While I know the 6 yr old will have a great time in the kids club, I am just wondering if my 2 yr old will. What types of activities do they have for the 2 yr old group. Are they in a secure place where they she can't wonder off from the kids club area? These are probably stupid questions but I just want to make sure they are safe. I have only been on a cruise once and it was a Disney cruise and didn't have kids at the time. So cruising with kids is new to me.

Any other things you can tell me about the kids club would be great also.

Thanks

While I don't know what the 2 year olds do (the 6 yr group has an awesome time) I do know that the room is secure. There is a latched gate that is latched from the outside so your child would have to be able to reach up, over and down to unlatch the lock. Kids are given name badges with their room number on it. A parent or other person designated by the parent are the only people who can take the child out and they have a sign in/out list. You need a photo i.d. to pick up the child.

My family was very skeptical about Camp Carnival. We were talking about it last night....one month later....the kids just loved it. They were mad with us when we came to pick them up at night.

We just got back from the Fantasy with our 3 year old. It is a very secure area. They are behind a locked door so they cannot wander out. They must be signed in and out by the same person. They check your Sail and Sign card and make sure you are the one that should be picking them up. They wear name tags with their room number and muster station on it. You are also given a pager so they can contact you in case something happens. They are very secure. I was worried about it before we left but I never worried about him at all while he was there and he had the best time.

We just got back from the Fantasy with our 3 year old. It is a very secure area. They are behind a locked door so they cannot wander out. They must be signed in and out by the same person. They check your Sail and Sign card and make sure you are the one that should be picking them up. They wear name tags with their room number and muster station on it. You are also given a pager so they can contact you in case something happens. They are very secure. I was worried about it before we left but I never worried about him at all while he was there and he had the best time.

What types of activities did they have for them?

Ashee~ I hope you get some good info over here. If you haven't already, you may also want to head over to the Family Cruising section of this board. Lots of great Camp Carnival info, kid packing tips, etc.

Happy cruising!:)

Ashee~ I hope you get some good info over here. If you haven't already, you may also want to head over to the Family Cruising section of this board. Lots of great Camp Carnival info, kid packing tips, etc.

Happy cruising!:)

Thanks I didn't know they had a family section. Glad I found this website. It has been real helpful.

I don't think they're able to do this on every cruise, but when we sailed on Conquest our youngest was in the 2-5 group, and they divided them into 2-3s and 4-5s (same room, just with different counselors), which allowed these age groups to "bond" more than they might with a bigger age span. The activities they have for this age group are really great - art projects, story time, videos, free play, exercise programs, etc. Our youngest was in this group for our first two cruises, and he absolutely loved it. After we booked our second cruise, he'd ask me to go to the Carnival website so he could "see the toys" (the virtual tour of Camp Carnival).

I think you will be happy with Camp Carnival. We've been blessed with the opportunity to take our kids on cruises on multiple occasions and have not found a single item of fault with the program. I remember the first time we took our daughter (who was 2 at the time) that we were concerned with all the typical worried-parent type questions (security, how are they going to get ahold of me if there is a problem, will she be treated good, will she have a good time, etc). All of these were put to rest right away, and as a result of this, we continue to view Carnival Cruises in general as our vacation of choice (yes, even over Disney). In our experience, the counselors are second to none when it comes to engaging your children in whatever activities are planned for that day. The items listed in the kids progaming guide are age appropriate, whereas I never felt as if the kids would be either confused or bored with the subject matter. The tell-tale sign if your child is having a good time is how they respond when you pick them up from camp... fortunately for us we've been met with either "did you have to pick me up already?", or "can I go play with (insert new best friends name here)".

The things that we have the most fun with are the family activities, including the Welcome Aboard Party, Family Scavenger Hunt, and Kids Talent Show. Don't worry... these things happen on days when you are on the ship, so you aren't missing anything in the ports of call :). Be sure to make a point of attending these as there are treasured memories that will realized.

Joe

Archived