Navigator Western Itinerary

We returned yesterday from the Western Caribbean on the Navigator. Wish we were still on her after coming back to the cold and snow flurries. If anybody has any questions I will try to answer them.

Since we sailed her in September, I understand they have done away with "Caribbean Night" on the menu and changed it to "Get out there" night. (this was posted by Captain Bangs wife Tj on here) Can you tell me what the food is on the menu for that new meal?

Welcome Home. Sorry you couldn't bring the warm weather back with you.

We will be doing the Western route on Navigator in early March. We did the eastern route on Navigator last March. Do you know if the menus are new or if they are the same as the past few years?

What was the entertainment this time around?

And...if you are a C&A member, what was the gift??

Were you able to board early or did you have to wait until 1:00pm?

Where you able to go to Grand Caymen?

Where you able to DOCK in Cozumel or did you have to tender?

If you docked, what it the Dock near down town?

What did you do for excursions?

I could go on and on, but any info you'd like to share would be great!

Thank You!!!

Since we sailed her in September, I understand they have done away with "Caribbean Night" on the menu and changed it to "Get out there" night. (this was posted by Captain Bangs wife Tj on here) Can you tell me what the food is on the menu for that new meal?

Alexis... I don't remember exactly what the menu was but I do remember that there was a lot of fish/seafood dishes that night. We are not that fond of seafood and worked around it.

Apirr0...To the best of my knowledge all of the rooms have the new bedding. This is based on the people we knew onboard and the ones we met.

Welcome Home. Sorry you couldn't bring the warm weather back with you.

We will be doing the Western route on Navigator in early March. We did the eastern route on Navigator last March. Do you know if the menus are new or if they are the same as the past few years?

What was the entertainment this time around?

And...if you are a C&A member, what was the gift??

Were you able to board early or did you have to wait until 1:00pm?

Where you able to go to Grand Caymen?

Where you able to DOCK in Cozumel or did you have to tender?

If you docked, what it the Dock near down town?

What did you do for excursions?

I could go on and on, but any info you'd like to share would be great!

Thank You!!!

We missed two of the shows during the week but I will tell you what I know. We did not make the Saturday or the Monday shows.

Saturday - Welcome Aboard Show that included comedian Rex Havens and juggling/acrobatic duo Duo Ignatov

Sunday - Royal Caribbean Production Now and Forever

Monday - Singer Tony Tillman

Wednesday - Royal Caribbean Production All Access

Thursday - Entertainer Joe Piscopo

Friday - Farewell Variety Show that included Duo Ignatov and comedian Bill Santiago

We were told that the shows Saturday and Monday were good. We did not care for Joe Piscopo's show or Bill Santiago part of the farewell show.

This was our first time on the Navigator so I am not sure what the menus were prior to this cruise.

The C&A gift was picture frames and post cards.

We arrived at the terminal about 11:15 and we were in the Windjammer by 11:45. There were quite a few onboard by the time we arrived.

We had no problem getting into Grand Cayman and we docked at the International Pier in Cozumel.

As far as excursions, we didn't do one in Labadee, Ocho Rios we did a private tour with Phil Layfayette which included Dunns River Falls, Fern Gully and general sightseeing of the island. Grand Cayman we did a ship excursion titled Land and Sea. This included a semi submersible tour, the rum cake factory, the turtle farm, the town of Hell and some general sight seeing. In Cozumel we just did a ship excursion of a semi submersible and spent the rest of the time in town.

I highly recommend Phil Layfayette in Ocho Rios. He is very knowledgable and entertaining. He definately will give you your money's worth.

Perfect thread. I'm just doing my last minute planning as we leave in a couple of weeks for this cruise!

What night is Quest (time?)?

What nights are the options for the Ice Show (times?)

FOrmal nights are Mon/Thurs - right?

(I'm trying to pick a night for Portofino's and was going to pick Tues, but I love seafood! Maybe Wed?)

How was the piano player in the Schooner Bar?

When are the parades? Which nights? (time?)

What time were you able to get to Grand Cayman with the tender? What time did you have to go get tender tickets? We have a private excursion booked with NativeWay and our group of 19 needs to get off the ship and into the port early in the am.

Our cruise says it leaves Miami at 7 pm? Was yours a 7 pm departure? Do you know why?

I'm sure I will think of more, but this will help for now! Thank you so much!

Alexis... I don't remember exactly what the menu was but I do remember that there was a lot of fish/seafood dishes that night. We are not that fond of seafood and worked around it.

Thank you for that information. I will work around that seafood also. My husband will love it. :D

, Apirr0...To the best of my knowledge all of the rooms have the new bedding. This is based on the people we knew onboard and the ones we met.

Apirro, Having sailed the Navigator in September, I can tell you all the bedding was completed before our cruises. Again, that information came from Tj, the Captains wife in a posting on here before we cruised.

Perfect thread. I'm just doing my last minute planning as we leave in a couple of weeks for this cruise!

What night is Quest (time?)?

What nights are the options for the Ice Show (times?)

FOrmal nights are Mon/Thurs - right?

(I'm trying to pick a night for Portofino's and was going to pick Tues, but I love seafood! Maybe Wed?)

How was the piano player in the Schooner Bar?

When are the parades? Which nights? (time?)

What time were you able to get to Grand Cayman with the tender? What time did you have to go get tender tickets? We have a private excursion booked with NativeWay and our group of 19 needs to get off the ship and into the port early in the am.

Our cruise says it leaves Miami at 7 pm? Was yours a 7 pm departure? Do you know why?

I'm sure I will think of more, but this will help for now! Thank you so much!

The Quest was on Monday night, doors open 10:15 and it started at 10:45.

The Ice shows were on Tuesday and Wednesday. The tickets were given out on Sunday between 9:30 and 11 am.

Formal nights were Sunday (sea day) and Wednesday (Grand Cayman).

We only passed through the schooner bar a couple of times and what we heard sounded good.

There were no tender tickets on our ship at either Labadee or Grand Cayman. As soon as we arrived and the ship was in position the tenders were there and we were on our way to shore. There is no problem if you are not on the first tender. There are so many tour busses and vans there it takes a little bit to get them all loaded and moving. I would say that as long as you are there within 30 -45 minutes of the start of tendering you will be fine. We used Phil Layfayette and he told us an hour from the ship arriving.

The bon voyage parade was Saturday night at 11:15 and the Mardi Gras Parade was Wednesday at 11:30. I recommend getting there early or you may have trouble finding a spot to see. It becomes very crowded in the Promenade.

We left Miami at 5pm I am not sure why yours is leaving at 7pm.

I did not make a list or take pictures of the menus but here is the themes for each of the nights

Saturday - Bon Voyage - Casual Attire

Sunday - Captains Gala - Formal Attire

Monday -Venetian Dinner - Casual Attire

Tuesday - Get out There - Casual/Caribbean Attire

Wednesday - Chefs Dinner - Formal Attire

Thursday - Crown and Anchor Dinner - Casual Attire

Friday - Feast of Nations - Casual Attire

Thank you so much for all this information. Now I can keep planning.....

Your welcome if you have any other questions I will try to answer if I can.

For anyone interested Captain Bang has started his 10 week vacation Saturday and Casey Pelter is the Cruise Director.

DOCKMAN123,

Thanks for all the helpful information. We are leaving Sat on the Western route and I was wondering how the weather was for your trip? How were the seas? Calm or not?

Thanks

Wendy

We had rain as we were leaving Miami. Other then that the weather was pretty nice the rest of the week until we got to Cozumel. While waiting for our excursion there was a few drops of rain but that was it. It was pretty windy throughout the week. Friday on the way back to Miami it became pretty cool on deck. Many people laying out on deck were covering up with their towels or clothing.

The trip was rougher then the one we took in 2003. I really didn't see anyone getting sick but you could feel the ship rocking.

Dockman:

Did you check out the piano bar? (Schooner Bar, I think it is). Was it fun? Who was the piano player?

Do they have a rock and roll band you can dance to anywhere? (oldies-- you know --- 70's, 80's rock -- can you believe those are now oldies?)

Thank you again for your info!

Dockman:

Did you check out the piano bar? (Schooner Bar, I think it is). Was it fun? Who was the piano player?

Do they have a rock and roll band you can dance to anywhere? (oldies-- you know --- 70's, 80's rock -- can you believe those are now oldies?)

The Piano Player in the Schooner bar was Tommy McPhee. We only passed through there a couple of times as he was playing. For what little we heard he sounded good. The Susie Campbell Band played in a couple of the lounges. We did not hear them so I can not say the type of music or how good they were. I will pull the compasses for the week and see what other entertainment was throughout the ship and list it tomorrow.

For anyone interested Captain Bang has started his 10 week vacation Saturday and Casey Pelter is the Cruise Director.

Ugh - is he really good? We leave on 3/31 which I am guessing is his last week of vacation. Who is taking his place? Does the ship tend to suffer while there is a "sub" on board?

Ugh - is he really good? We leave on 3/31 which I am guessing is his last week of vacation. Who is taking his place? Does the ship tend to suffer while there is a "sub" on board?

If they announced who was coming in I didn't hear it. He spent a good amount of time at the meet and mingle, very informative and friendly. I saw him a number of times around the ship, very visible. This was my first time on Navigator so I am not sure how the ship is when he is on vacation.

Does anyone have any information about the Navigator spa? My cousin and I have been searching for a recent "spa menu" for Navigator so we can plan our treatments. Will make it easier for us to then go on board and make appts.

If anyone has them, please post!

Thank you!

Dockman:

Here is a listing of the entertainers that appeared around the ship everyday. Sometimes they were in different lounges at different times so this is just a listing of the performers.

Caribbean Rhythm Section, The Baltic Strings, Guitarist Roman Dembitskyy, Piano Melodies with Pieter Bos, Dancing with Black Silk, Piano Player Tommy McPhee, Cocal/guitarist Shane Tapper, Sol Del Caribe, The Susie Campbell Band and DJ Sher-Khan.

Archived