Teen club age restrictions

dig21

We will be sailing on the Grand Princess in March. My child will be 13 but is bringing a friend along who will still be 12. I would like them to participate in supervised activities but they obviously don't want to be separated. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if Princess ever makes any kind of exception for this kind of situation?

The kids program staff will have a list of each child with their birthdate. The kids are placed in the different groups according to their age by the time the cruise ends. It's possible for a parent to ask that their kid goes down a group, but generally (unless you can convince them) the reverse doesn't happen. You can just imagine there are plenty of parents trying to convince them that their child is "very mature."

This came up for us once on the Grand. They said the 12 y/o had to go to the kids area for 8-12 and the 13 y/o must go to the teen center, no exceptions. However, they did qualify that with they had several 17 year old boys (ours were both girls) and several 8 and 9 year olds. So that meant to me that they might make exceptions at other times.

Note that on the largest ships (Crown, Sapphire, Diamond) they sometimes change the ages too depending on how many kids and the age make up of same, and on the Regal they are all together in one room, ages 3-17 (or were as of a couple of years ago).

We will be sailing on the Grand Princess in March. My child will be 13 but is bringing a friend along who will still be 12. I would like them to participate in supervised activities but they obviously don't want to be separated. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if Princess ever makes any kind of exception for this kind of situation?

Hey dig21....

When in March are you sailing?

The kids program staff will have a list of each child with their birthdate. The kids are placed in the different groups according to their age by the time the cruise ends. It's possible for a parent to ask that their kid goes down a group' date=' but generally (unless you can convince them) the reverse doesn't happen. You can just imagine there are plenty of parents trying to convince them that their child is "very mature."[/quote']

I also have heard of this "dropping down an age group".

The problem with dropping down is that my child will be just short of 14 so dropping down would probably not be a good match. It sounds like they may not be able to participate which is too bad but we are not bringing a friend along to have them be separated.

Boo's Mom - We are sailing 3/24

Archived