Checking luggage at Dock in San Juan

nrunnion

Our travel agent claims this cannot be done, and that we have to take our bags to the airport to check in for our flights (to U.S.), but I plan to follow this thread to see if others have had success. I have read in other posts that there some kind of ship-to-airport baggage service through American Airlines, for an additional fee. I wonder how this works, though, in our post-9/11 world.

nisky

Hi,

The service you are talking about is offered by American Airlines and Delta. There may be other airlines also. I don't think US air is one of them. What happens is, you pay a fee(approx. $10pp). You still put your bags in the hall, the last evening of the cruise. You still get your bags and go through customs when you get off of the ship. But when you leave customs, there are representatives from the airlines there to take your bags. You sign up for the service while you are still onboard ship and they charge your seapass card. I started a thread about this subject.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=473397

Hope this helps.

USAIR does offer this service in San Juan.

We were on the Serenade a couple of weeks ago. We travelled USAir but no one told us they offered this service. We found out as soon as we got off the ship but it was too late to use the service. We spoke to an agent - she said they had a list from the ship (there is a charge of $20 I believe). Of course we weren't on the list so we slepped our own way to the airport, which wasn't too bad as we were the first off the ship.

We were off AOS in September and USAir does indeed offer the pier baggage service option. I believe your flight must leave after 1pm (might be 2). See the purser on the ship with your flt itinerary and confirmation number. There is a service charge but it's much easier than dealing with the staff at SJU

Archived