Jewel of the Seas mini cruise

kazwaz

Hi,

We have booked a mini cruise on Jewel of the Seas going from Amsterdam to Oslo via Copenhagen - 4 nights leaving 27th April 2007.

My question is this - what is the typical age group/nationality on these type of cruises? Hubby and I are in our 40s; we are taking my Dad who is in his 70s.

Another question (forgive me) - how formal are the formal nights on these cruises? We do like dressing up and Dad loves wearing his DJ.

Thanks

Karen

I don't think RCI has done many of these mini-cruises from Europe before, but when we were on a 3-nighter on Brilliance out of Barcelona in 2005, the demographic was mostly British, then Spanish, then American, just my completely unscientific observations. Mostly middle aged couples, a few groups and some families with children, but not many.

We didn't "do" formal night on that cruise and had lots of company, mainly the Brits. DH normally wears a tux (what's a DJ?) on formal night, but we didn't want to lug all the trappings around Italy for 10 days prior, so we passed. We did see plenty of tuxes and suits, but not as many as we expected for a European cruise, perhaps because it was a short one.

HI. I did Legend of the Seas 4 nighter from Southamptom in August 06 (Guernsey, Brest France). I am a Brit and I would say 95% were on the ship. I think there might be a slight mix of Dutch etc on yours. The formal night to be honest was quite formal. I took my posh frock and DH took tux and did not feel out of place. The Brits especially love to dress up on cruises! WE found the first night was VERY casual (dining room some people wore what they travelled in???... not me however) I wore smart trausers and nice top each evening and formal dress (I am aged 38 years with 2 kids aged 9 & 12) They too has little suits on! AS the 4 days went on, the ladies expecially got more sophisticated as if they waited to see what everyone else was wearing first so even when it said casual, dressed uo was TOTALLY acceptable as the ship could take it being so nice:D !

JUst enjoy.... If you feel uncomfortable with a dress and tux, suit and smart trousers and evening top will be fine.Hollyanna

Archived