Belize Zoo?

Lawnordergeek

I read that someone who was visiting Belize from a cruise ship suggested going to the Belize Zoo and in fact said it was "not to be missed" Has anyone ever done this before, and if so how much does a taxi ride from the port cost? My husband and I are sailing first week in April.

DH and I were on the Jan 13th sailing of the Glory. For Belize we booked the Belize City Tour and Zoo excursion. It was a good tour. We did half of the city tour before the zoo and the other half after the zoo. Once out of Belize City I would say its about a 40 min drive to the Zoo. So I am not sure how much a taxi would be. The Zoo was a really interesting place because it is a natural zoo. Some people who were at the zoo by themselves tagged along with our tour guide or I believe you can get a guide from the zoo to go out with you, however I am sure you could do it on your own if you want. One thing I have to mention is to bring BUG SPRAY! Everyone in our group got eaten alive by sand fleas/no seeums. Most people were wearing shorts and sandals and this worsened the problem so make sure to wear long pants and runners and you should be ok. But I can't stress this enough - BRING BUGSPRAY!! Overall we really enjoyed the zoo.. and when we got back into port we stopped at the Wet Lizard for some yummy food and drinks! It is really a pretty port.

Archived