What to Wear? Caribe Cafe at dinnertime

keebae

This may have been answered by someone before but maybe I just missed it. If we have dinner in the Caribe Cafe are capri pants appropriate or should I change into slacks (or what I would wear on non-formal nights in the dining room)? Also, what would be the appropriate attire eating in the Caribe Cafe on formal nights? (do I need to be dressed up as if I was going to the dining room) Thanks so much for everyones assistance.

Kyle

keebae,

Cafe Caribe is definitely less formal than the dining rooms. On non-formal nights, I saw people in there in shorts. On formal night, I strolled through there and people in suits and evening gowns were very few and far between. You would be just fine as you described.

The Monk

I hate to admit to just what a pathetic wretch I am, but on formal night, after I got out of my monkey suit, I had a craving for all you can eat lobster. So I threw on some shabby shorts, came out of the Riviera Deck by the Aft pool, walked by Outriggers, grabbed yet another Strawberry Daquiri, went into the rear entrance of Cafe Caribe, grabbed three lobster tails and disappeared back into the darkness from whence I came. How's that for casual...and tacky!

It sounds wonderful, doesn't it? A nice relaxing meal, and the menu and the descriptions of the food sound so yummy!!!! :D Check the patters when you board to see when the bisto opns. That would be the ultimate!!! And then the Wheelhouse!! A dream!!! :D

Monk: that sounds good to me too. Love lobster. Practically the only time I have lobster is on a cruise. Here in Calif. it is a tad expensive so I pig out when I am on the ship.

Marilyn

Thanks for the quick replys everyone.

Monk - sounds like my kind of meal, the more lobster tails the better.

Another question - we will probably dine in the Caribe Cafe several nights, can we order a bottle of wine and if we don't finish it will they hold it for us to finish off another night (just like you can do in the regular dining rooms)?

Thanks again.

Kyle

I ate with shorts on and was not looked down upon at all.

It's kind of a weird deal though.

You come off the buffet with your plate of food and go to find a table but they're all set with tablecloths and wine glasses.

I think if you went in with the idea of ordering off the menu you should dress up more.

If you're just going to hit the buffet or have been to the Horizon Court buffet and are just continuing the grazing ritual then shorts work fine.

Sue:

I think the Wheelhouse bar will be my home away from my cabin so to speak.............I wonder if I could get dinner delivered to the Wheelhouse Bar! LOL!;)

keebae,

There were wine glasses on the tables, but I didn't notice anyone drinking bottles of wine. At least I didn't order any of it. I just don't drink wine. It gives me a headache. I prefer Tanqueray Gin when on land and Daquiri's on the water. Ah, eating Lobster and Daquiri's in tattered shorts on the high seas. That's the ticket! As Martha would say, "It's a good thing!"

The Bistro in Cafe Caribe is listed as starting at 11PM and lasting til 4AM. I was in there much earlier than that and the tables were set up with table cloths, wine glasses and the like and the buffet was still going on. I can't remember being in there after 11.

keebae,

There were wine glasses on the tables, but I didn't notice anyone drinking bottles of wine. At least I didn't order any of it. I just don't drink wine. It gives me a headache. I prefer Tanqueray Gin when on land and Daquiri's on the water. Ah, eating Lobster and Daquiri's in tattered shorts on the high seas. That's the ticket! As Martha would say, "It's a good thing!"

I love Martha!

We were in Caribe Cafe late at night (long after midnight) almost every night and the buffet line was always open. The waiters tried to encourage people who wanted to order from the menu to sit in one area, and shooed away the buffet only people. (they even cordoned off areas with strategically placed chairs). The menu was very limited, but what was on it was very good--great steak, great omelettes, always a pasta dish. I don't think dress matters, we saw it all, and it was okay. We were there all dressed up one night to celebrate my niece being a finalist in Princess Idol--she had won a bottle of champagne--and the waitstaff brought over a bucket and uncorked it for her. Other nights we were in shorts. This is a rhetorical question, but "who cares?" (from reading these boards, I know some do)

Monk888--okay, what are shivs and screws?

Archived