Eagle Ray Divers

crusin cowboy

on Eagle Ray Divers. We just contacted them yesterday for a March tour...was impressed with the speed and detail of responses from Chellie.

20% deposit needed-balance upon arrival. They do small groups of 15 or less (no cattle car ship tours). 3 reef snorkel with lunch/cold ones for $65/PP.

Looking at using Eagle Ray Divers for a snorkel trip, has anyone had any experience (good or bad) using them?

We used them for our snorkeling trip to Cozumel in 2005. Chellie was great, she was a great communicator, came to say hi, loved her. Her husband was on our boat to take out some divers, he was great, they had a great time. However, we had a novice son for his first time snorkeling, he was given no instruction, no help, just told to hold his legs together when he jumped in off the side of the boat. I don't remember now who our guide was but he pointed out a fish once or twice and otherwise let us do our own thing. Half way through the second stop my son decided that was enough. I think he was getting water in his snorkel or couldn't breathe, got cold, I don't know. But for him that was all he wanted. It ruined his experience and he refused to go out the next day in GC to see the stingrays. I blame our guide from Eagle Ray. It was the one bad decision I made for excursions...I have wished I would have gone with my other choice. I didn't complain, just didn't give him much of a tip.

That being said the guides could very easily be different by now, and maybe your luck will be better. The company was easy to find, easy to contact, and easy to work with.

My wife and I went with them in August of 2004 and it was probably the best snorkel excursion we've ever taken.

There were only four of us snorkeling with our own guide. The boat dropped us off and left to take some divers to another site. We drifted with our guide for about 45 minutes and close to half a mile, and then the boat picked us up and took us to the second snorkel site. The guide was very informative and had tortillas to attract fish. There are a lot of other boats around and we never felf unsafe. They offered float tubes if we wanted.

The ship sponsored excurisions were easy to spot because there were 50 or so heads all bobbing up and down in tight packs. Not very appealing to us.

I would definately use them again. However, we have snorkeled many times and didn't need any special attention. If you have never snorkeled, you might want to go with someone else.

My wife and I used Eagle Ray Divers on January 25, 2007. We had an absolutely fabulous experience.

When we arrived at the boat the port was closed, but Chellie indicated that she thought it would open within the hour. She took us and a group of snorkelers on a walking tour around the marina, showing us the local butterflies and the Cenote - giving a great tour.

When clearance from the Harbour Master came, we were quickly onboard and on our way. They separated the snorkelers on one boat and the divers on the other.

Our dive master/instructor, Benjamin, was great. We had done a snorkel trip with them in 2005 and on that trip Benjamim was the dive master for the one diver on the trip. This time he took my wife and myself on two great dives. The current was ripping and he still found us great things to see and take pictures of. On dive 1 we saw 2 large turtle and our first Eagle Ray. On dive two he found the largest crab I have ever seen - I had to fin hard and hold on to the bottom to get the picture, but it was great.

The rest of the crew was equally as helpfull - getting us on and off the boat and setting up our gear.

We dove in Grand Cayman, Costa Maya and Cozumel - and the trip with Eagle Ray was by far the best.

Tell Chellie - Michael and Cindy said "Hi"

We will be returning later this year for a week in Cozumel and will spend the whole week diving with Eagle Ray Divers. This cruise just settled us on where we will be going for our week long dive vacation.

Archived