Bed sizes

cruisegal134

I am sure this is just another stupid question from me, but here I go...

Most of the rooms on the Pearl state that there are two single beds that can be put together to form a queen sized bed. We have a king sized bed at home and the boxsprings for King beds are two single bed box springs put together. See where I am going with this... :)

So, when the two beds are put together, do they really equal a queen bed or a king sized bed?

If a couple really needs a bed that is larger than a queen, do they need to get an Owner's Suite at a Deluxe Owner's Suite or a Garden Villa? Even the Courtyard Villa only has a queen sized bed.

What do more "ample" people do if they need a bigger bed? And please don't say to stay home. ;)

Thanks!

Don't quote me on this because I haven't sailed with NCL yet, but from other cruises, my understanding is that CCL uses 2 twins which become a king. Others use 2 singles (which are smaller than twins) to make a queen.

I'm definitely in the need a king size bed crowd, but we've managed in the 2 singles making the queen. Somehow it seems different when they are actually 2 beds together.

Hope this helps!

The beds on the Dawn and PoAm form a bed larger than a queen. DH and I are both large people and have plenty of room with the 2 beds put together.

On one particularly rocky cruise, I used the extra pillows to help keep me on my side and from rolling off the bed... :) .. and we still had room.

Archived