Night before cruising!?!?

I am hoping to be cruising in the summer of 2006 with a group and want to know about booking a hotel for the night before. Can you get your travel agent to do this. And can they arrange for a ride to the hotel too. I know a lot of the hotel have shuttles to the ship. I'm hoping to be cruising on Glory from Port Canaveral.

Thanks for any replies.

Hi Anne. Yes, you can visit a travel agent and she/he can do all the bookings for you - air, hotel, cruise - and should also be able to find out about transportation from airport to hotel to pier. A good agent can handle everything for you.

You will probably save mega bucks by booking these things yourself, however.

What I would suggest is that you go to a local agency, sit down and talk with them, get all the info you need. You do NOT have to book thru them just to get info.

THEN you can do a little research on your own - look into the many on-line agencies, check with a Carnival PVP (Personal Vacation Planner), and then decide what's the best way to book your vacation. It just takes a little more time to do this on your own than going through a travel agency.....but may be worth it. And you certainly have plenty of time to do your 'homework'.

Good luck.:)

Hi,

We've sailed out of Port Canveral several times and always stay the night before at the Radison. It's a very nice hotel with a great pool and outside bar. It's a short shuttle ride to the ship. In fact, if your room faces the right direction, you can see the ship in the morning. That's pretty cool. There is a McDonalds directly across the street for a quick breakfast that won't break the bank. RonJons Surf shop is right up the street. We always stop there to grab a couple of T shirts for our son. There are also numerous drug stores for those last minute forgotten items. You didn't mention if you are driving or flying. At any rate there is Avis and Budget very close to the hotel. Both offer free shuttle service. What we usually do is drop the luggage at the ship then return the car and take the shuttle. Less bags to handle that way. If you drive, I believe the Radison will keep your car on their lot while your're gone. Call them to be sure. I also have read that the new RonJons Caribe resort is very nice. Either one will be fine. Hope this helped

Archived