Sapphire food

sweetsly

We will be going on the Sapphire this summer to Alaska-

How is the food on the Sapphire on a 7 day cruise?

we were thinking of doing both Sabitinis and Sterlings but if the food in the dining room is especially great we might change our minds.

any thoughts?

We will be going on the Sapphire this summer to Alaska-

How is the food on the Sapphire on a 7 day cruise?

we were thinking of doing both Sabitinis and Sterlings but if the food in the dining room is especially great we might change our minds.

any thoughts?

Food on Sapphire Princess is wonderful! We especially like the theme anytime dining rooms. You can see some sample menus at

Sapphire Princess menus

Note that the Sterling was an anytime room then, and it is now an extra charge room. I am not sure what has replaced it?

Sabatini's is a wonderful experience. Our waiter told us it is a "tasting" menu and you only have to pick your Secundi (entree), they bring you ALL the rest!

We don't eat at the steakhouses because I am not a red meat fan, so I can't tell you about Sterling's.

Have a GREAT cruise!

First night of our Sapphire Alaskan cruise we were 'recruited' by dining staff (on the elevator, no less) to dine at Sterling. Travel-weary, exhausted, not even a hint of formal clothing, and we were lured right then and there, with the promise of a fantastic view from the tableside window. The steak was delicious.

That said, we had Anytime Dining, and the steak we had in one of the dining rooms (no surcharge!) was every bit as good. Not the best I've had, but very good for ship steak. I am a bit picky, since we have our own home-grown beef.

My favorite food on the Sapphire... the fajitas available in the Santa Fe dining room.:) Yum.

My husband and I are also taking a cruise on the Sapphire in July. I was interested in hearing about the food and the different restaurants. Which ones cost extra and which ones are included. We are doing the personal choice option because we do not want to be locked into eating at a specific time each day. I hope the food is good because I am trying to lose a few extra pounds before the cruise so I can gain them back while we are sailing. Is there anything in particular that people would recommend to eat?

My husband and I are also taking a cruise on the Sapphire in July. I was interested in hearing about the food and the different restaurants. Which ones cost extra and which ones are included. We are doing the personal choice option because we do not want to be locked into eating at a specific time each day.

Sabatini (Italian) and Sterling (Steakhouse) are the extra charge dining options. Of the Personal Choice dining, Pacific Moon has an Asian theme, Santa Fe has a southwestern theme, Vivaldi is Italian, and Savoy is steakhouse. In addition, there is the traditional dining. All of the non-surcharge dining rooms offer the same menu each evening, however there is a special entree available to each room. I don't recall what each one is, (other than the great fajitas in the SF). Be sure to ask the waiter(ess). I didn't know this until toward the end of the cruise.

If you decide ahead of time that you'd like a specific seating time or specific dining room, you will need to make a reservation asap. Days that we left to chance, we typically didn't get in until later, and had a bit of a wait. We had a group of 11, which did limit table options.

Buffet offering is in Horizon Court on Lido. I have to say, it's the most unoraganized buffet line I've ever seen. I've since learned breakfast and lunch could've been had in a dining room (traditional, I think). Probably much more sanitary (though I wash prior to sitting at the table after going through buffets... I don't want to get sick on my vacation!:)) and just as fast.

Specific food, I don't remember really, other than what I mentioned. The ice cream offered for dinner dessert is very good, especially if you don't want something too 'heavy' after a late dinner.

Archived