Why pay more for less square footage in the cabin?

MamaParrotHead

A week or two ago, we were debating on switching our 6B to a 8B and asked what others would do. Many, many people posted their love of balcony rooms. Though in the end, we decided against it.

Then in reading some Triumph reviews, people were stating that their balconies were smaller than others' in their party's OV's. So I called my PVP, and sure enough, there's 60 LESS square feet in balcony rooms than in OV rooms. OV's are 245 sq. feet, balconies are 220 (including the 35 sq. feet of the balcony).:eek: I imagine it's so they can get more balcony rooms on the ship, as I'd assume they're highest in demand, but wow. That blew my mind.

Are the other ships in the fleet like this? Anyone know? Thanks.;)

Having a slightly smaller room doesnt bother us since we only use it for sleeping. Im a bkfst room service person, so it is great to have the balcony for eating and watching the sunrise- also nice for travelling into and leaving ports. So I'd far rather have a smaller room with a balcony, than a larger one without.:)

On many of the Carnival ships (Destiny class and most newer ships) the total sqaure footage of a balcony cabin including the balcony is the same as an Ocean View. When I'm traveling with a 3rd person in the cabin, I'll always choose the Ocean View. I'd much rather have the space inside the cabin than have the balcony. You can't (or at least shouldn't, in my opinion) use the space on the balcony for sleeping, dressing, etc. that needs to go on in your cabin. Plus, the configuration of the room with the convertable sofa for the 3rd bed was perfect on our Victory cruise, so that's what we booked again for our upcoming Destiny cruise.:D

I don't see the same for other cruise lines I've traveled. The Ocean View cabins are closer in size to the Inside cabins, so you would have more room with the balcony (but just not inside the cabin.)

I see you have booked a 6B. Not all 6B's are alike on Destiny/Triumph or Conquest class ships. If you have a 6B on Main deck it is the large room. If it is a 6B on Upper or Empress it is an odd configuration and smaller. You also have a public deck right outside your window.

I see you have booked a 6B. Not all 6B's are alike on Destiny/Triumph or Conquest class ships. If you have a 6B on Main deck it is the large room. If it is a 6B on Upper or Empress it is an odd configuration and smaller. You also have a public deck right outside your window.

It is on Main Deck. I thought all 6B's were on Main Deck. I'm looking at the Carnival book right now, and that's what it's telling me. It states that all oceanviews are either 5A, 6A, 6B or 6E. Am I missing something?

It is on Main Deck. I thought all 6B's were on Main Deck. I'm looking at the Carnival book right now, and that's what it's telling me. It states that all oceanviews are either 5A, 6A, 6B or 6E. Am I missing something?

Nope. You got it right. According to the deck plans, 6A's are on Riviera, 6B's are on Main, and 6E's are on Spa.

Now as far as I'm concerned, give me a Balcony on Panorama, and I'll be happy as a clam. ;)

Look across the front of deck 6 or 7 on the deck plans of any Destin/Triumph or Conquest class ship. You will see the 6B's

I missed the cabins that you were talking about. After going back and checking it out, not only are you correct, but 6B's are also the forward cabins on Panorama (Deck 10). Nice catch. ;) :D

Archived