Taking the Bus?

PirateGal

I've read a few reviews where people say they've taken the bus to the beach and I was wondering if anyone had more info about that.

I'd like to take a bus from the port to 7 Mile Beach and also Grand Cayman Harbor (to the Black Pearl Skatepark).

These are quite different directions. There are numerous tour bus operators that can drop you off along Seven Mile Beach, but I think you are referring to the public bus system.

Public buses in Cayman are mostly large passenger vans. There are a few 20 passenger buses, but which you get is a bit of random luck. The public bus depot is by the library on Edward St, about two blocks inland from the waterfront.

Public buses to Seven Mile Beach woudl have designations WB (West Bay). Buses that pass Grand Harbour (location of Black Pearl) include buses marked with one or more of the following: EE, NS, or BT.

we used the buses when we were there last winter. we would get one at the main depot down town and yell to the driver when we wanted off. it was cheap. we would start walking and the bus would pull up and honk their horn to see if we were wanting a ride. the only trouble is they usually dont leave the station until the bus is full, and i mean full. it was a cheap way to get around and 7 mile beach is not that far maybe a 5 minutes ride to the comfort suite area.

Archived