RCI Dolphin Swim and Snorkel in Cozumel

rayrdh

Has anyone done the the Dolphin Swim and Snorkel excursion in Cozumel through Royal Caribbean? Does the $149 price include taxi fare or admission into the park? Is the group you are with limited to 10 people as it would be if booked through dolphindiscovery?

I'm trying to decide if I should book through RCI or dolphindiscovery. I get through reading the boards that most people recommend booking with dolphindiscovery. I've never booked a non-RCI excursion and I'm a bit nervous. I like the idea that if anything goes wrong, RCI has to take care of me. But I also like to save money where I can and also have the best experience possible.

Thanks for your help!

rayrdh - I sailed the Mariner in Nov over thanksgiving week. I couldn't decide either.

I ended up just going thru Dolphin Discovery. We had to pay taxi - I think $6. And entrance into the Park - $16 per person OUCH!!

Not sure when you are going, but here is a link to a coupon page

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/Coupons

The place is beautiful. Everything was wiped out from the hurricanes so its all brand new!

We did the Royal Swim - as expensive as it was, I'd do it again in a heart beat. We bought the video for $30 and just watched it the other day.

I didn't care for how they did the pictures - You had to wait and wait and wait for them to develop them (digital pics hhhmm??). Then there were 2 sizes and price was dependent on how many you bought. Seemed like a scam to me. But we had my daughter and niece with us, and as I said before it truly was amazing so of course we bought some.

A word of advise - wear water shoes - while waiting you stand on a metal grate. Its uncomfortable.

Hope that helps - I'd be happy to answer any questions if I can.

Thanks for your reply Bowlersbus!

What time did you book your dolphin swim for?

We will be on the Mariner July 2007, scheduled to dock in Cozumel at 10am and depart at 7pm.

If I am going to book independently I want to be sure to pick a time that is going to give me plenty of time to get there and plenty of time to get back to the ship.

Thanks again.

Has anyone done the the Dolphin Swim and Snorkel excursion in Cozumel through Royal Caribbean? Does the $149 price include taxi fare or admission into the park? Is the group you are with limited to 10 people as it would be if booked through dolphindiscovery?

I'm trying to decide if I should book through RCI or dolphindiscovery. I get through reading the boards that most people recommend booking with dolphindiscovery. I've never booked a non-RCI excursion and I'm a bit nervous. I like the idea that if anything goes wrong, RCI has to take care of me. But I also like to save money where I can and also have the best experience possible.

Thanks for your help!

When I went in Aug 2004 the price include the taxi and admission. There is a limit of ten people per dolphin. I got a taxi ticket and stayed longer so I could also do the seal swim ($59 extra then). Here are some photos of the dolphin swim ...

Dolphin kiss ...

Dolphinkiss.jpg

Dolphin hand/flipper shake ...

Dolphinshake.jpg

Dolphin taxi ...

Dolphinswim.jpg

Dolphin flying ...

Dolphinjump.jpg

Dolphin trying to figure out what all the strange things in the water are ...

Dolphineunderwater.jpg

Thanks for your reply Bowlersbus!

What time did you book your dolphin swim for?

We will be on the Mariner July 2007, scheduled to dock in Cozumel at 10am and depart at 7pm.

If I am going to book independently I want to be sure to pick a time that is going to give me plenty of time to get there and plenty of time to get back to the ship.

Thanks again.

We just did the Royal Swim in January, fantastic, the Royal Swim is not available through RCI, they do the less interactive ones. Our time was 12 noon, which was actually 1:00pm ship time.

Best experience ever, and this is the 3rd time we have swam with dolphins

I can't wait to do this! I have seen many dolphins in the wild up close to our boat, but can't wait to swim with them. Just a word of caution, make sure you check out the company that you use. Just like any other captive situation, there are some unsavory companies that don't treat their aminmals (mamals) very well.

I'm going to go to Seaworld next time, and spend the day with the dolphins. I tend to trust them.

FYI

Archived