Carnival Glory

We are cruising on the Carnival Glory on Saturday, July 31, visiting the western ports of Mexico & Belize. Traveling with 4 adults and 3 young adults. Don't want to spend much money on excursions. Do you have any suggestions on what to do in the ports of Belize, Cozumel, Progresso & Costa Maya. Thanks

The pier area in Costa Maya is very nice! Lots of shops and a very nice resturant with great nachos and guackamole- cheap.
There is a huge pool with swim up bar that is great! All free.
A mexican folklore show free.
The beach there is also free but we just stayed in the pool.

In Belize, there is nothing to do unles you take a tour-
we did a snorkle tour with coralbreezeunlimited which was very reasonably priced- cheaper than ship's excursions- I would use them again in a heartbeat- go to their website- just put the www in front of their name- really nice people and lunch is included.

We have been to Belize twice, the last time, we just wandered around the shops at the pier, but there is not much there- we were back on the ship after an hour.

In Progresso, there is a free beach- take the bus and get off in town and the beach is about 2 blocks away- we were going to go, but the day that we were there, the water looked yucky- so we just walked around the flea market in town. The bus id free.

Hope this helps.

just got back from the glory on july 24, we did an excursion in costa maya (the dune buggies) it was $356 for four and worth every penny, i would have done it every port, we also did an excursion in belize (the cave tubing) booked it on our own and worth every penny, but in cozeumel, we went to paradise beach and it was free except for the $12 taxi ride, they had trampoline out in the water, and climbing things, mats to float on free snorkel equipment , lounge chairsand it was the best.

Julie, on Cozumel, if you don't feel like shopping, try the Playa Sol excursion. Great beach, includes chairs, umbrellas, floats and all your drinks (even pop/soda). The beach has water trampolines, an iceberg, paddle boats, kayaks, a pool, changing rooms and a pool bar. They also have jet skis, but that is extra. They may also have two-man sail boats or catamarans, but not 100% sure on that.
There is also a restaurant that looked great and the couple I talked to said the food was good, but we only ordered nachos at the pool.

Indeed we are getting down to the wire and will be on the same boat with ya' all ... can't wait ... there have just been sooooooooooo many great suggestions posted that I too am clueless as to what we will really do at each port ... Costa Maya as suggested above sounds great ... and we are planning on the Belize Cave Tubing yet remember you have to carry your own innertube for the first part of the hike ... dune buggy looks like it would be super as well ... only 4 days to go and then decisions have to be made ... so catch you with the next wave!! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ditz' you betcha :cool:

Don't count out Progreso. It sometimes gets a bum rap on these boards but we had an unexpected great time! We didn't pay too much attention to what there was to do there so we just walked around. The "real" part of the city was interesting with their markets and stores and all then we rounded this corner and BAM, the tourist section. Cheap t-shirts, cheap Corona’s, fun beer bottle holders that went around your neck and were worn as badges of triumph back to the ship. Nice beach, places to stop and have a real tequila.

It's not one of those things you plan for. Everyone was in the right mood at the right time and it's something I won't soon forget.

Have a great trip!

Haven't seen your name on the boards lately! What's been going on? We're doing the Glory again on January 29. 2005 so come join us! That's really an awesome cruise and the price is right that week - check it out.

CRUISEDOGS

Hi Cruisedogs!

Hope all is well with you! We're all fine here.

I'll check it out but right now, we are planning for the Mexican Riviera in late Feb. early March. It's not set yet, no booking done but so there is a chance we could change our minds again...lol.

It sure would be fun to get together again! It's hard to get everyone to agree on one cruise so we're just going with the majority at this point. We’ll see.

I'm sure the Glory will be fun again! It should be even better since you know your way around and where to be and at what times.

Talk to you again!

You have to seriously consider Paradise Beach in Cozumel. Nice, clean, and free!! (Great cocktails, also)

We just hung out in Costa Maya. Nice little shopping area "Hey lady, I practically give away my goods to you." Did buy a nice hammock. Nice big pool and Bandito's is a happening place. My son graced the top of the bar and did a little dancing.

Tubing in Belize a must. We booked with Carnival, crowded, but worth it not to worry about getting back to ship on time. Tour guide gave a pretty good talk about Belize and it's history and what hopes to happen in the near future.

And Progresso, what can you say about Progresso? You will get a real flavor of Mexico here. Take the shuttle and just walk around. We browsed in the Plaza, walked along the boardwalk and looked through the vendors. Just a fun day if you don't set your expectations too high. Whatever you do, don't book the Corona Beach Party excursion. You can take the shuttle and go there on your own. 3 blocks from where the shuttle drops you off.

I want to go again.........................................:(

BOOK a tour in Belize. We went in April and did cave tubing with x-stream and it was awesome. We went again in July and decided to just shop. BIG MISTAKE. Shopping was horrible. We went outside the fenced area and thepoverty was horrible and did not feel entirely safe. Not much shopping inside the fenced area either.

I would like to suggest the high speed power boats in Cozumel. They are a blast when you get out on the water. Kind of like being on a buggie board with a steering wheel. You get back in plenty of time to do a little shopping or have a few drinks.

Archived