Topless?

bahabride

Perhaps I should make my question a little more clearer. Is Topless on the BEACHES in Bahamas accepted or not? I know some resorts (for day pasers) are conservative, anyone have any info?

Public nudity is against the law in the bahamas. You won't find topless an any hotel or public beach.

The bahamas is a christian community. Toplessness would be an insult to it's people.

Generally speaking in the Caribbean, islands with a British colonial history (Bahamas, Bermuda, St. Kitts, etc.) are very conservative when it comes to things like public nudity while islands with a French colonial history (St. Martin, Martinique, etc) are open to nude sunbathing.

BobK/Orlando

• 2 weeks later...
when I was at Breezes last August there were topless women on the beach there.

Bill

Staff are supposed to tell their guests to cover up. I guess someone was being lax.

Like I said.. it's against the law. Some people try it.. but I'd rather not be embarrassed by someone telling me to put my clothes on.

• 2 months later...

One exception to the rule, the "Cain" adult pools at The Cove (new Atlantis tower) is (unofficially?) topless.

The Cain is a collection of four pools, accessible only to Cove guests, with it's own bar, staff, and soon poolside gambling. Unlike the other pools at the facility, Cain is open until 10PM.

Prices for the Cove were recently reduced, and they've also extended the "4 nights for the price of 3" offer.

One exception to the rule, the "Cain" adult pools at The Cove (new Atlantis tower) is (unofficially?) topless.

The Cain is a collection of four pools, accessible only to Cove guests, with it's own bar, staff, and soon poolside gambling. Unlike the other pools at the facility, Cain is open until 10PM.

Prices for the Cove were recently reduced, and they've also extended the "4 nights for the price of 3" offer.

Where did you hear this?? Since staff of Cain (and all of Atlantis) is union, they would never allow this on the property. It's an insult to bahamians and the union would step in. Besides, you can see the Cain pools from public places.. and from the balconies at the Cove. (which allows kids). Sound like wishful thinking.

Where did you hear this?? Since staff of Cain (and all of Atlantis) is union, they would never allow this on the property. It's an insult to bahamians and the union would step in. Besides, you can see the Cain pools from public places.. and from the balconies at the Cove. (which allows kids). Sound like wishful thinking.

I didn't "hear" this, I was there through Sunday.

It wasn't just a few ladies being discreet, the girls were very much out in the open, at the central pool and on the deck furthest from the public Atlantis property. Staff didn't say boo to any of the women. Later in the evening when a college-age guy got up on the island and started to do a mock strip-tease, the staff put a swift end to his behavior. Nobody had a problem with him being asked to cover up :)

Cain's central pool is visible from the large suites at the end of the Cove, from my balcony I could only see one of the smaller Cain pools, the one nearest the walkway from the rest of the property.

I didn't "hear" this, I was there through Sunday.

It wasn't just a few ladies being discreet, the girls were very much out in the open, at the central pool and on the deck furthest from the public Atlantis property. Staff didn't say boo to any of the women. Later in the evening when a college-age guy got up on the island and started to do a mock strip-tease, the staff put a swift end to his behavior. Nobody had a problem with him being asked to cover up :)

Cain's central pool is visible from the large suites at the end of the Cove, from my balcony I could only see one of the smaller Cain pools, the one nearest the walkway from the rest of the property.

That's disturbing news.. since those large suites usually have families.

Well, considering the amount of $$ that Atlantis brings in, I'm thinking they are letting them slide on the rules.

When we first went there, before the big Atlantis building boom, we were there 1 month right before the hotel itself opened. There was only the pools, the lagoon, the small hotel rooms on the beach area.

There was no topless anywhere. And surprisingly, while we were there, we were told by many of the natives that the local government there would not allow further building to the Atlantis area. Well, guess that idea was shot down also!

When I was in Nassau on Paradise Island in 1980 ... WAY before Atlantis was even a dream, I saw topless women everywhere.

I was only 14 on a school band trip and it was so shocking (then hilarious) .

But there were definitely topless women on the beach!

I haven't seen any since that trip, but I didn't go again til 2003 and I avoided the public beaches, for obvious reasons.

Carla

When I was in Nassau on Paradise Island in 1980 ... WAY before Atlantis was even a dream, I saw topless women everywhere.

I was only 14 on a school band trip and it was so shocking (then hilarious) .

But there were definitely topless women on the beach!

I haven't seen any since that trip, but I didn't go again til 2003 and I avoided the public beaches, for obvious reasons.

Carla

Back in the 80's .. and even more recent, Club Med had a resort down the beach.. They had a permit for topless/nudity on their private beach.. But they were NOT supposed to allow guests to wander down the beach.

Staff never minded those rules.

NOW.. public nudity is against the law, and Atlantis has stated that they do not allow topless..nonetheless.. they are turning there heads to this.

Those who paid $1400 plus for rooms overlooking the pools are furious (as these are mainly family suites).. and those who paid upwards fo $2-3mil for the new residence apartments are livid.

The Themed Family resort has now gone "south beach".

Archived