Gratuities

Nerang

We are doing the Eastern Mediterranean Cruise on the Galaxy at the end of May. Our TA has advise that our Gratuties have been added onto the cost of our cruise. I have been told by other people I will still need to pay at the end of the cruise. Can someone please help and put me straight on this matter.:confused:

First are you from the US? It is common in Europe for them to include the tips in the price, not common in the US.

If the tips truly have been prepaid, you will get a voucher to take to the main service people (CS, Asst CS, Waiter, Asst Waiter, Asst Cheif Housekeeper and Maitre D) on the last night of the cruise. If you feel that you have rec'd above average service it is customery to put those vouchers in an envelope and add some extra cash.

These would then be passed out on the last night of the cruise.

When we went to Alaska in '04 on Infinity, our package included the tips. Like ADF said, we recieved the little envelopes with the names (position) on them to give to the respective staff member. We also gave a little more extra as well.;)

They were left in our statetoom by our cabin steward on the last morning.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise Nerang.:)

Thanks everyone for your help. Yes aussiedisneyfan we are from Queensland. I know we have not taken our first cruise but after doing research on these boards for this cruise I am already thinking about where our next cruise will be. The Carribbean is looking good at this stage.

Aussiedisneyfan, to be honsest we have never thought of an Australian P & O crusie before. This cruise is part of our trip to Europe which was to include much more but we had to cut down due to our daughter's college and work comittments. Wego through a Travel Agent who we have been dealing with for many years so we have gone on her advice. But I will admit the publicity P & O are getting at the moment is not doing them any favours. But I suppose most cruise lines get bad publicity at times.

On my previous cruises I've always had the general tips added to my sea card and just left a little extra for the cabin steward on the last day. Does this mean I have to run around and try to find these people on the last day in order to tip them?

Archived