Belize Beaches

fozziscooter

We went to Belize on our last cruise. There are beaches but be careful. Belize is not the safest port that you'll visit. Just make sure that if you go, go on a plan excursion so that you'll be with a group. We did the Mayan ruins excursion and the guide told us to make sure we stayed with the group and after he dropped us off he said again not to stray too far from the port. You may want to go to a beach at a different port.

You'll probably hear from others that Belize is great and they can tell you some beaches. I just wanted to give you my experience. Hope that helps :)

Read up on Belize before going. Any older travel guides will have information on them (library).

We've been there a couple of times. A ship's tour would be best as they do have salt water crocodiles that frequently come into the shallow beaches. Tour guides will not tell you this, but if you will just read before you go, you will be aware.

It does have the 2nd best diving reef in the world so make sure if you are going, to go with a group.

I at first was not going to post because I know there are people who try to make an arguement out of warnings, but use your own judgement.

Thanks for the feedback. I have never been to Belize and haven't read much about it and I guess just kind of figured that there would be some good beaches, like most islands/ports have. I think we will probably try to go to Seven Mile Beach in Grand Cayman and I think that there are some good beaches in Cozumel? Not sure about Costa Maya.

Is the river tubing good in Belize?

We were just on Enchantment of the Seas earlier this month. We took the Bannister Island Excursion through the ship. It was a quaint quiet beach area. We tendered over to the island for 4 hours of fun in the sun. There is plenty of chairs and floats for everyone (free). You get a ticket for a rum punch drink. There's volleyball courts, jungle gym area for the kids and kayak and paddleboat rentals. My girls rented a kayak for $13, unlimited time for the lagoon area. There was also waitresses walking around handing out food/drink menus for purchase. The food was actually very good reasonable. If you're looking for a nice day to relax, this is the place to be. I will try to attach a photo link of the beach area. Enjoy!

1785342602_BelizeBannister.jpg.6687c09385451bb055ec72f8b6f67041.jpg

Thanks for the feedback. I have never been to Belize and haven't read much about it and I guess just kind of figured that there would be some good beaches, like most islands/ports have. I think we will probably try to go to Seven Mile Beach in Grand Cayman and I think that there are some good beaches in Cozumel? Not sure about Costa Maya.

Is the river tubing good in Belize?

River tubing is excellent in Belize! When we were there we used shoretrips to book our excursions and had a great time!:)

Sandie

Archived