Paradise Restaurant

ronkay

Beach and Snorkling? I have read that this is within walking distance from the tender dock (4 minutes to the right) and has a free beach, with $4 fee for beach chair and good snorkling. Has anyone here been here??

We had walked by Paradise on other cruises and went there in Dec. DH brought his snorkle gear. There is a small building outside the restaurant where they rent equipment. DH went to pay to go in the water there & they told him as long as we were going to buy drinks, no charge. We were very surprised at that, especially in Cayman where everything is usually expensive. There is a small restaurant and a covered outdoor area with tables overlooking the water. Great scenery. I sat outside & drank margueritas while DH snorkled. He said it was great just right off the beach. Saw a lot of large and small fish. We ate there also. Food was good and prices were reasonable. Great place and the owner and staff were very friendly. DH said he's definitely go there again to snorkle. We met up with some people from our ship and had a great afternoon.

I went there a couple of years ago. The snorkling is good right there where you step in. Saw lots of little fish and several large Tarpon. The water gets deep pretty quick as you go out. A little further out ( 50 yards) there are huge rocks and neat things to see. The water is still pretty deep, like 20-80 feet.

This place probably ranks 2 or 3 out of the 10 snorkel spots I've done in the Carribean. It is easy to get to.+:)

Archived