Kids Klub on Celebrity Galaxy?

SleepingUgly

Their kid's club is excellent. We sailed the Galaxy for the second time over Chritstmas and New Years and our 10 year old loved it every bit as much as she did the first time. I have all of the info I collected, including daily activity sheets at http://www.our-cruises.com/galaxy/kidsclub_welcome_sm.htm Just use the drop down box for individual ages and dates. I have not had time to post the ones I saved from this year, but the activities were the same. If you have any other specific questions, just let me know.

I read all of your recent reviews on your cruise on the Galaxy over the holidays and loved all of them! You provided lots of useful and insightful information for us.

I have also checked out your Website, and am looking forward to the "updated" Galaxy information. Thanks so much for providing such a wealth of info to us Celebrity Cruise virgins. :)

Did you have dinner during main seating or late seating, if I may ask? We are scheduled for early seating, and I would love to have our girls with us for all our meals, but am wondering if it would be a good idea to drop them off for a couple of hours after dinner so that dh and I can go to some shows, or have a drink, etc. How are the after-hour activities at the Kids Club?

Were there a lot of kids on board during the Christmas cruise? We are on the 11-night cruise, from 3/26 to 4/6, so our last day is Good Friday, so not exactly an Easter cruise, but not sure how many kids to expect. I'd prefer not to be over-run by hundreds of rugrats (and I don't think we're anywhere in danger of that on an 11-night Celebrity cruise), but it would be nice to have at least some kids on board, kwim?

Thanks for helping me out with these questions. Really appreciate it!

Linda

P.S. I've got a tenative itinerary set up for our trip. Would you mind terribly if I email it to you and get your thoughts? I've never cruised with my kids before, so am unsure of whether some of these excursions may be too much for them, or if I should squeeze in more beach days so that they have a chance to relax.

Just got back from our 10 day cruise on the Galaxy . We had our 16 month old twins girls . My brother in Law had his 3 and 6 year old . The Staff was great . They were able to play with Kids of all ages . For us the room being child proof was enough . On the kids pool days the staff set up a little pool for our girls since they were to young for the older kids pool . They let us bring our girld to the kids club anytime .. Our twins are under 3 so really all thwy had to do was be open for us n hour a day since the kids club is for children 3 and up . But the staff were very flexxable and worked with us .

The 6 year old never wanted to leave , she played cards . a talent contest . Pizza party every day .One boy wanted to always be thier his parents had to tell him that he had to go one day on a side trip with them , He liked being in the kids club more then doing stuff with his parents . I watched the staff play with other kids in other age groups . They knew exactly what to do to make them feel special .

Please Tell them Bill and Stan the father of the twins said Hi . We really thought they went above what thier job ask of them .Your going to have a great time.

Did you have dinner during main seating or late seating, if I may ask? We are scheduled for early seating, and I would love to have our girls with us for all our meals, but am wondering if it would be a good idea to drop them off for a couple of hours after dinner so that dh and I can go to some shows, or have a drink, etc. How are the after-hour activities at the Kids Club?
We've had late seating the last 2 years. We try to get our daughter to nap late afternoon, but even so, she is ready for bed at 10:30 -10:45 pm when we return to the cabin so have never taken advantage of the kid's club at night. I would imagine that it is just as terrific at night as it is during the day.

Were there a lot of kids on board during the Christmas cruise? We are on the 11-night cruise, from 3/26 to 4/6, so our last day is Good Friday, so not exactly an Easter cruise, but not sure how many kids to expect. I'd prefer not to be over-run by hundreds of rugrats (and I don't think we're anywhere in danger of that on an 11-night Celebrity cruise), but it would be nice to have at least some kids on board, kwim?

Thanks for helping me out with these questions. Really appreciate it!

Linda

There were a fair number of kids aboard at Christmas. I would not worry about "some" kids aboard when you are cruising. I know for a fact that the Atlanta Metro area has off for their spring break March 31 - April 8. There has to be other school systems across the country off at the same time.

P.S. I've got a tenative itinerary set up for our trip. Would you mind terribly if I email it to you and get your thoughts? I've never cruised with my kids before, so am unsure of whether some of these excursions may be too much for them, or if I should squeeze in more beach days so that they have a chance to relax.
By all means feel free to email me. It is a port intensive cruise for sure. For the kids to be happy, and not make your life miserable :( , you surely need to find the right balance between touring and hanging out at the beach. In my 12+ Caribbean cruises, it is by far the best itinerary, and we didn't get to see St. Kitts or Dominica! :eek: There is always next year! :D

Archived