What are your favorite shore excursions?

HookedAfterOne

We will be in (1) Hilo, Hawaii, (2) Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii (3) Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii and (4) Kailua Kona, Hawaii --- what are the "must see's and must do's" ... and what are the "could definitely do withouts" --- with so much to choose from and a limited amount of time and money ... I need your expertise!

We will be in (1) Hilo, Hawaii, (2) Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii (3) Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii and (4) Kailua Kona, Hawaii --- what are the "must see's and must do's" ... and what are the "could definitely do withouts" --- with so much to choose from and a limited amount of time and money ... I need your expertise!

One vote for the Captain Zodiac snorkeling tour to Kealakeua Bay in Kona!

http://www.captainzodiac.com

This is the only tour we booked through NCL because we wanted fist dibs on the tender over. You get in the zodiac boat right at the pier and go.

The crew was wonderful. Part of the experience is the ride to and from the bay, so hold on! We hit it lucky and saw Pilot Whales, Spinner AND Bottlenose Dolphins. This was NOT part of the tour, just an added bonus for us. The bay was a nice spot for snorkeling. When you got back on the raft, they provided slices of oranges, pineapple, chips, and cookies, along with pop and bottled water. Our Captain was very knowledgeable about the area too, so he was great at pointing some interesting things out along the way.

Have a great trip!

Checked out Captain Zodiac ... and that sure looks like a lot of fun ... any idea as to what the rafts capacity is? There are a total of 17 of us cruising and I was hoping this could be an excursion we could all do together!

There were about 9 people in our raft, but several rafts go out at once. You'd meet up again at the bay to snorkel together. I'd just let them know that you are a group and maybe they would stick closer together? You can always email them in advance to ask about this and see what they say...

Good luck!

Archived