Recent Monarch Review

So Terri, how much DID you have to drink???? :eek:

That was some quick weekend, eh?

No more or less than usual, lol. :( But it truly was quick, and since I wasn't jet-lagged this trip we didn't even sleep the days away! Jeff couldn't believe it when I told him it was time to pack, exclaiming, "We just UN-packed!".

Next time maybe a back-to-back will be in order.

:)

Hi, thank you so much for reading the review. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Please say Hi to my mom and dad when you're on the Monarch on March 5th. Her, and 10 other couples are going with her, and they're going to be running amok on the ship.

Have a great time!!!!

I will sure try to do that - your mom looks like she'd be a fun person to cruise with :D .

No more or less than usual, lol. :( But it truly was quick, and since I wasn't jet-lagged this trip we didn't even sleep the days away! Jeff couldn't believe it when I told him it was time to pack, exclaiming, "We just UN-packed!".

Next time maybe a back-to-back will be in order.

Terri, you read my mind!!!!

I was saying the same thing as Jeff, so on this last cruise, I didn't unpack!!! LOL I just pulled clothes out of the suitcase. I did, unpack the bathroom toiletries, but it was fairly easy to do :)

Anyhow, yes, we should DEFINITELY do a back to back some time. Wow, how awesome would that be? Two cruise credits and we could be tablemates again!!! :)

She sure is!!!!

Hey gang, I heard from Danney. He will be on the Rhapsody.

Straight from the famous man himself :)

He sent the Rhapsody schedule in case anyone is interested in knowing where she will be sailing :)

I'm joining Rhapsody of the Seas in September of this year.

See Rhapsody of the Seas schedule:

09/02/07 G RH R N C 16 GAL 16 NIGHT PANAMA CANAL WEST

09/18/07 G RH R N C 10 ESE 10 NIGHT HAWAII CRUISE

09/28/07 R RH R N C 17 HNL 16 NIGHT CHARTER CRUISE

10/15/07 R RH R N C 12 SYD 12 NIGHT CHARTER CRUISE

10/27/07 Y RH R N C 14 SYD 14 NIGHT AUSTRALIA & NEW Z

11/10/07 Y RH R N C 14 SYD 14 NIGHT AUSTRALIA & NEW Z

11/24/07 R RH R N C 16 SYD 16 NIGHT CHARTER CRUISE +

Take Care

Danney

He did not say why he's changing ships. But wow, he'll get to see Australia and New Zealand!!!!! WOW!!

Terri, you read my mind!!!!

I was saying the same thing as Jeff, so on this last cruise, I didn't unpack!!! LOL I just pulled clothes out of the suitcase. I did, unpack the bathroom toiletries, but it was fairly easy to do :)

Anyhow, yes, we should DEFINITELY do a back to back some time. Wow, how awesome would that be? Two cruise credits and we could be tablemates again!!! :)

We unpacked just to get the suitcases out of the way, lol! The cabin was tiny, but somehow we found a place for everything.

Yes, 2 credits would be great, and we'd love to be tablemates again, with you and your mom, you and Naren, or all three!

He did not say why he's changing ships. But wow, he'll get to see Australia and New Zealand!!!!! WOW!!

Last time I talked with Danney, he was looking forward to seeing other parts of the world. He will miss the "regulars" on the Monarch.

Rick

We unpacked just to get the suitcases out of the way, lol! The cabin was tiny, but somehow we found a place for everything.

Yes, 2 credits would be great, and we'd love to be tablemates again, with you and your mom, you and Naren, or all three!

Perhaps I see an emergency cruise this summer! :D

We'll keep you posted :)

When I was on the Monarch in Dec. Jack from the CD staff said he was going to be on the Liberty. Does that count:)

OMG, another fan of Jack!!!!!

Oh wow, yes, I was looking forward to seeing Jack again, and Jeff, his colleague said he was going to the Freedom, after his FIRST contract!! That's LIKE unheard of ..... apparently!

But Jeff taught Jack how to do his job, because they were roomates and good friends.

How cool, another fan of Jack :)

Thanks Jen for another wonderful review! Bummer about the room location but it sounds like both you and your mom are "glass half full" cruisers. (My only complaint is that you had to remind us of that heavenly chocolate creme brulee!!!)

I'm curious, how do you compare the shorter cruises vs, say, the Mariner or Adventure? Is there noticeably more partying? It doesn't look like we'll be able to fit in a 7-day this year, so I'm wondering if a 3 or 4 day weekend cruise might do the trick...

Kat.

Thanks Jen for another wonderful review! Bummer about the room location but it sounds like both you and your mom are "glass half full" cruisers. (My only complaint is that you had to remind us of that heavenly chocolate creme brulee!!!)

I'm curious, how do you compare the shorter cruises vs, say, the Mariner or Adventure? Is there noticeably more partying? It doesn't look like we'll be able to fit in a 7-day this year, so I'm wondering if a 3 or 4 day weekend cruise might do the trick...

Kat.

Butting in (Jean is close to Jen, after all)!

The 3-night weekend cruise is a mix of partiers and more sedate cruisers. You can do either and not feel out of place, IMHO. You'll see more groups onboard - we had 39 in January, ranging from a couple of Bar Mitzvahs to a 50th birthday party, and have had lots of weddings, bachelor/ettes, vow renewal groups in our 6 cruises - but they don't take over the ship. The Circuit lounge and the Viking Crown seemed to be the most popular venues for parties, but there are plenty of other places to hang out - Bolero's, the pool, Schooner Bar, etc. So you can do whatever suits you!

I am sooooo bummmed about the choco creme brulee. It was my absolute favorite dish and I was sooo touched when Yilmaz brought us the creme brulee. It was soooo nice. Wow, now i'm sad :(

We absolutely love the 3 or 4 day cruises. We, of course, love the 7 day cruises too, but if we need a cruise fix then we take the 3 day. There is more partying, and more first time cruisers, but there can be a lot of drinking on the 7 day cruises if you look for it. I guess another way to look at it is that there are many drunk people at the 3 day muster drill than the 7 day.

But, to put your mind at rest, the 3-day is a great little getaway, and its much easier on your vacation allotment during the year, since you don't have to take a whole week off :)

The beauty of a cruise is that you can do as much or as little as you want. It really is YOUR vacation.

On the December Monarch cruise (there is no review, as the November Monarch cruise was just a month prior), Naren and I did ..... really nothing on the compass. We didn't see shows, we hung out, drank, and took our own sweet time doing whatever we wanted.

It was a great relaxing weekend. :)

So go and enjoy!! :)

Great review, Jen! I'm very anxious to go again in April. So far, no one else on the roll call I posted for our cruise, though.:( I guess this will just have to be a second honeymoon for Steve & I!:D

I will miss that chocolate creme brulee. You got me hooked on that in December.;)

Great review, Jen! I'm very anxious to go again in April. So far, no one else on the roll call I posted for our cruise, though.:( I guess this will just have to be a second honeymoon for Steve & I!:D

I will miss that chocolate creme brulee. You got me hooked on that in December.

You know though ..... there were only a handfull of people on the roll call for our November cruise and we had a great time being by ourselves.

I know, that creme brulee was so awesome!! Yeah, I remember now, I asked for it and on the formal night we got it. Wow, yes, I remember. Yum, ok now I want some again. Perhaps I should book another cruise and beg for Creme Brulee :)

Or perhaps we should get a roll call thread together and we should all cruise together, sit together at dinner, and beg for Creme Brulee :)

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, ok I'm officially hungry again!!!

Archived