Do ships have extra diapers if I run out?

Paleochick

I certainly plan to take enough diapers, but we're staying at a resort in Miami Beach for a week before we depart from FLL. I worry that we might go through too many diapers at the resort and won't have enough for the cruise. I can always take a cab to a grocery store before the cruise if it looks like I may run out, but if ships have them, I won't worry too much. What has been your experience? Thanks. :o FYI - we're cruising on Carnival Liberty.

BUY them before ship, unless you like to spend an outrageous amount on a small pack of diapers. Never count on the ship stores for anything but the most over priced smallest sizes of anything.

They can't stock all sizes, and they are very limited. It's sad to see those who run out on board and are really up a creek if their size isn't available. You'd be surprised how many diapers can fit in the outer pockets of your luggage - which is a great place to pack them. If possible, I also just always bring a box of diapers with a luggage tag taped to it, which I then don't have to bring back home!

Best,

Mia

They cost a fortune on the ship. And the ones you buy in port are not of the same quality that we get here in the states....at lease the ports I went to. There are a lot of grocery stores in Miami....there might even be one within walking distance of your hotel. Also a lot of hotels provide shopping service for a small fee, which may be cheaper than a cab ride. I used to just stuff the front pockets of all of our suitcases with diapers....and remember if you are buying a seat for you baby on the plane then your baby is entitled to the same luggage allowance as everyone else. You could buy a cheap fabric duffel bag and cram it full of diapers. On the way home, just fold up the duffel and put it in one of your other bags.

I used to just stuff the front pockets of all of our suitcases with diapers....and remember if you are buying a seat for you baby on the plane then your baby is entitled to the same luggage allowance as everyone else. You could buy a cheap fabric duffel bag and cram it full of diapers. On the way home, just fold up the duffel and put it in one of your other bags.

Good ideas. I could just use the extra duffel to bring souvenirs home in. Thanks.

We ended up accidentally packing most of our diapers on our last plane trip and I bought a diaper (ONE) diaper in the airport... for $1.25.

It was seriously old fashioned, plastic cover, tape, bulky...

Because I get diapers here for $12.99 for a box of 112 size 3's, and they never leak and don't tear at the tapes, I'm not chancing finding equal value anywhere else, and we're bringing at least a case with us for a 15 day trip. She goes through anywhere from a case per month to two cases per month, although she's threatening to potty train this week. :) I bought an extra case just to encourage her.

Archived