Ordering 2 entrees?

mh1973

How many really do this? Is it ok to do this? Will I look greedy if I do this? I don't want to order two entrees to eat it all, I just want to try everything, so just curious as to how many people really do this.

How many really do this? Is it ok to do this? Will I look greedy if I do this? I don't want to order two entrees to eat it all, I just want to try everything, so just curious as to how many people really do this.

I dont personally, many people do. Go for it. If you want to sample and you are with someone you could order 2 and let your SO taste it as well.

Actually we have done this several times but usually don't order appetizer and we share. On our recent cruise our party of four ordered all the desserts offered one night and sent each plate around the table for tasting.

We "require" our children to order extra -- Many times they find they like the new food. (Of course this backfires sometimes -- my oldest loves lobster tails now and must order them when we go out). Personally, I like to try new things also, but also order something I like just in case.

Have done it four times on the last three cruises Once the entree was so small that you thought it was a sampler Twice after a hard day tour was starving (No food on the tours), and once the entree was so good that everyone order another serving.

Seen people at dinner order two or more each day. Also had one person who after dinner went to the buffet every day. His reason was he wanted to get his Money worth while on the cruise:rolleyes: The last day I was temped to stick him with a pin just to see if he would pop.:D

Paul

I don't see anything wrong with it. My husband and I split 3 appetizers and 3 deserts most nights. On formal night I ordered lobster tail and prime rib. For our next cruise we are going with a group of six friends and have talked about ordering every appetizer so we can sample.

I do order two things sometimes, but sometimes I don't because I don't want to bother my waiter too much. If they're running back and forth with all the tables and they look really busy, I don't bother asking because I'd feel bad. But sometimes I ask for two when ordering for the first time so (s)he may not have to make two trips.

Pat

On our first cruise we had a couple at our table who were avid cruisers. There were 3 couples at the table, the first night he told us how he liked to order extra entree's for the table, kinda like family style, that way everyone could sample a bite, broaden their horizons. Well it was great...:p I tried things I would have never ordered had I had to pay for them at a fancy restaruant. Our last cruise it was just my family of 4 but we still would order an extra dish every evening for everyone to try. My kids thought it was great (they were ordering extra desserts to split!). Live a little:D :D

Yes, you can.

Usually, the waiter will only bring you one entree at a time.

Its usually just sitting on a tray with a cover on it...the second entree that is....so if you ask to have them both together its not a problem....I had both together....otherwise you eat the first one and are too full for the second.

my DW and I usually order an extra appetizer to share it there is something we want to try. We also usually each order the lobster and then a prime rib to share on lobster night.

have to admit that I also usually hit the late night buffet to sample different things and bring some deserts back to the room.

In a word, YES!!! As others have shared, DH and I try at least 2 appetizers each, sharing as we go. Occasionally, when I cannot decide (like on prime rib and lobster night) I'll order 2 entrees. I've seen positive and negative feedback here about this, but I say, hey, it's YOUR cruise--go and have a GREAT time and enjoy the food!! It's all included in the price, no matter how many entrees you order!!! Don't worry what others think of you!!! Hopefully you'll get a table with other like minded foodies! :D

I ALWAYS GET 5 LOBSTER TAILS AND 3 PLATES OF ESCARGOTS.:eek:

Seen people at dinner order two or more each day. Also had one person who after dinner went to the buffet every day. His reason was he wanted to get his Money worth while on the cruise The last day I was temped to stick him with a pin just to see if he would pop.

Paul

LOL!!!!!!:D :D :eek:

Absolutely and remember you don't have to order the entire meal! You can order just what you want.

I personally haven't done it, but people I have been with have. Like the lobster tail everyone talks about....hey, it's included! They just omit the extras. Or as many posters say, ordering a couple apppetizers and splitting. or order 2 appetizers and skip the soup and salad.

It's YOUR cruise and you paid for it...don't let what anyone thinks stop you from having fun and eating whatever you want!

Bon Appetite!

Archived