AOS disembarkation and making your flight time

My apologies, but I moved this over from a previous post. I mixed up my question about flight times and my question about dinner seating times in the same thread, and it got real hard to follow. (I'm out of posting practice, I guess!)

Hi again folks, and thanks for all your help!

I noticed that the RCI book that we have, and several reviews from 2006 with this same itinerary, show St. Thomas as the first port, and Barbados as the last, leaving San Juan at 10:00 PM. However, the current itinerary, as confirmed by Ocean State (thanks!), lists the whole thing in reverse...with Barbados first and St. Thomas last, and departing from San Juan at 8:30 PM.

That means that your U.S. Customs ordeal should be taken care of in St. Thomas, before you return to San Juan, no? Could it be that RCI considered this, and therefore reversed the plan?? If so, BRAVO!!

So....if we eliminate the U.S. customs issue from the disembarkation process, does the 11:10 departure flight seem more attainable?

Thanks in advance for your input:)!!

you should have no problem making that flight just fill out the sheet at the beginning asking for your flight time, last year they had us off by 9 and at the airport by 9:45 and we had a 2 pm flight and were some of the last people off, i definately think that RCI took that into consideration about St. Thomas the last day due to the customs issue, on my first AOS the ship had just returned from barbados and did not clear customs till San juan, which it got delayed and they could not start boarding till about 1:30-2 that day so yea RCI made a great move hear, although having the only sea day on the first day and that is it sucks,

you should have no problem making that flight just fill out the sheet at the beginning asking for your flight time, last year they had us off by 9 and at the airport by 9:45 and we had a 2 pm flight and were some of the last people off, i definately think that RCI took that into consideration about St. Thomas the last day due to the customs issue, on my first AOS the ship had just returned from barbados and did not clear customs till San juan, which it got delayed and they could not start boarding till about 1:30-2 that day so yea RCI made a great move hear, although having the only sea day on the first day and that is it sucks,

Archived