Capt McNaught Rules..........Discuss

Anteeta

Who says he doesnt? I was quietly amazed when at the Captains welcome party Captain Bates welcomed me back onboard and said l will see you at the table later.

Wouldnt say we go gaga over the photos, but they are a nice souvenir, though why have the back drop of the titanic staircase, I never could get my head round that one.

As for Captains, In the Thatcher book it mentions Capt P Russell, we dont hear much about him?

(and not an entendre in sight:eek:)

Cunard Queen,

Peter Russell was on the Sea Princess in January this year(we saw him on there in January 2006 also).They did a ship change in Curacao and he transferred over to the Sun Princess.

Maureen and John

So there I was, playing with off-site mail, and up came:

from one of our more known and knowing members. No matter, it brought to mind: why all this stuff about the various Captains? They point the bow, they dock. Most are good and hold their jobs. Why do so many of you go ga-ga over having a picture of yourself with somreone who doesn't know you? (And from some entendre it would sound a photo with a cabin boy would be more to your liking.) Whassup wid at?

Have you had your photo taken with Captain Wright ?

Well, yes, I do see all your points. And you are correct. I've had seven captains, been to quarters four times, been at table three times and probably have not bought twenty-three "going-to-the-party-shaking-hands" photos ...

(well, there was the one time on QE2 I went to ALL the restaurant receptions and the captain ((it might have been McNaught when he was new)) laughed and said something like "well, you certainly get around". THAT photo I have somewhere in a bag. So yes, many captains DO look at you and know who you are. I suppose it goes with the territory and the really good ones really do like meeting the people.)

... I guess it's just that I never know nor care who's on unless I'm back at their table.

I know that for their tables they get "cheat sheets" about their guests ... who, places, dates ... and are briefed by staff on who is on, where they are. Of course they are going to remember some, and that's more than just style.

Speaking of which ... one who really had it, and it showed at his busiest time: Commodore Warwick, at the end of his/the QM2 maiden voyage, stood at the gangway and said goodbye to all. I didn't care if he knew me or not, I was really impressed with his being there.

Archived