If i book and put deposit down and.........

texasnana

price goes down ... do i get the new cheaper price. Also which trip insurance is good to get for cancling due to medical or have to cancle cause of business with your company( like your boss says you have to go to Greenland and it is during the week of the cruise)

Before final payment you can get the lower rate but you must contact your TA or PVP and request it. It will not be done automatically for you. Once you are inside final payment if the price goes down you can usually receive on board credit or an upgrade but again you must request it and negotiate.

If you book with a TA, find out there policy on this. If you book with Carnival it shouldn't be a problem... if you accept an upgrade at booking to a higher deck, you may have to give it up to get the credit... but those are all things you can look at if it happens.

Check various policies and look at the terms and conditions... there are SO many policies out there, choose ones that would work for you... do your research, make a few phone calls. Good luck!

I paid for our upcoming cruise all at once, eight months in advance. Since then I've received an OBC when the price went down, and have recently swung a nice cabin guarentee, upgraded from a BL guarentee status. All through a CCL PVP. Keep watching these boards for advice, it sure helped me out! And, keep an eye on the CCL site in case there are any price drops or other offers. :o

I have a question about deposits. We are getting ready to book our next cruise and we were planning to pay full at that time. Is there an option to make payments? I'm going to book directly through Carnival.

Yes, you can make payments. I generally pay my deposit then pay the rest a week or two before final payment. Some people pay a little every week or month. As long as its paid before final payment Carnival doesnt care.

When do those price reductions start showing up? Our cruise is not until June and pricing does not even show up yet.

Not sure what your mean by pricing not showing up. Is your cruise soldout?

If the cruise isnt selling as well as Carnival would like, they will drop the price. If it selling well the price will go up. For a Jume cruise you might not see any drops, that is a very popular time for families to cruise.

As far as insurance goes, go to insuremytrip.com. I found some very good companies through there, one that my mother has used and one that i have used. You have to go through them all and it will tell you what is and isn't covered. I know my parents recently had to leave their 12 day cruise early after only 5 days because my father became extremely ill and she was reimburesed almost immediately. They paid for my father right away and it's been two weeks and she just got her reimbursement 2 days ago..just check them out and see what is going to work for you with what you need.

When do those price reductions start showing up? Our cruise is not until June and pricing does not even show up yet.

I found pricing for your cruise. I don't understand why you can't find it. It is showing prices of $569 for inside, $619 for oceanview, and $1069 for suites.

June 25th, 5 day Mexican Riviera on the Elation.

Bill

price goes down ... do i get the new cheaper price. Also which trip insurance is good to get for canceling due to medical or have to cancle cause of business with your company( like your boss says you have to go to Greenland and it is during the week of the cruise)

Hi texasnana,

There are good and not so good trip insurance plans out there, so you should shop around.

As for cancelling for work reasons, just the "cancel for any reason" policies will work because work related reasons are an exclusion with most trip insurance plans. And the ones that say it's covered have many fine details that don't cover all situations.

Go to www.google.com and search for "trip insurance". You'll find some good comparison sites that offer reputable companies.

I hope this helps.

Archived