Speed boats on excursions

SolitaryPhoenix

I'm taking my niece and a friend of hers on an RCI cruise in June as a high school graduation present, so I'm really trying to not impose my preferences on them. I'd be doing city tours, seeing the animals, maybe a glass-bottom boat or something; I'm 44 and a fairly sedentary person. Boring. :rolleyes: Not in the best shape, sadly. :(

The girls want to do the Speedboat & Beach Adventure tour offered by RCI in Cozumel. I'm not thrilled with the idea of them doing any of these tours by themselves, although they'll both be 18. I'm a nervous nellie when it comes to my niece and nephews, kids in my care in general, and I'd never survive it if anything happened to them while they're with me, so I have to go with them on any tour we pick. I'm a little nervous because I've seen a couple of 'warnings' about this tour, on the RCI and the tour operator's websites. RCI gives it the 'uphill climb' icon: "To fully participate may require extended periods of physical exertion, extensive walking, climbing, or biking. There may be numerous steps, inclines, cobblestones, and other rough terrain throughout the excursion. These excursions are the most active and have been designed for participants in excellent health and very good physical condition."

That later sentence? So not me. :o Should I muddle through, and possibly be very unhappy for my ninety-some odd dollars? Or can anyone give me any other options? If I could find a tour [and yes, this is my first cruise, so I'm sticking to those offered by RCI :rolleyes: ] that had a place I could hang on the beach, and get them on some little speedboats, I'd be one very happy auntie. Cozumel and Belize are our non-US ports. Anyone? Please?

Archived