Cabanas on Princess Cays?

Gaynors

I saw in my pre-cruise docs that Princess offers a Cabana rental for $8 per day at Princess Cays. I couldn't find anymore information or pictures in the shore excursion book.

Has anyone rented a Cabana at Princess Cays?

What are they like?

Thanks. :cool:

Dang, I wish I had known!

I didn't see any at all...are you sure?

I'd have gladly rented one as we were huddled under a palm for most of the day trying to stay cool earlier this month. Finally I had to break down and order a refreshing beverage.

We were there in April, didn't see any cabana's for rent,just nice palm tree's to sit under.That doesn't mean there isn't any.We were on the Grand and my pre-cruise docs don't show this being available.But you are on a newer ship and they maybe added this feature.Call 1-800-Princess to inquire.

All I know is that on my shore excursion price sheets under Princess Cays it has raft rental, water bike, snorkeling stuff... etc... then Cabana Rental $8 per day :confused:

Thanks for the info.. since you have been there before and haven't seen a cabana... I guess I won't get my hopes up :rolleyes:

Thanks..

I think what is meant by cabanas are those "clamshells" used on the beach for protection from the sun?? Can anyone confirm this? I am travelling on CP soon and wonder if this might be worth it? unless there is lots of shade around the area?

Thanks!

I don't want to burst any bubbles here but I was just on the phone with Princess about something and I asked if someone could help with this question and the excursion reservation person said that there must be some mis-information somewhere as they do not have cabana's for rent on the Island.Sorry about that.I know I can't recall seeing any there either.

Well, I'm back again. I just checked my cruise personalizer and there it is under the shore excursions for Princess Cays ...Beach Cabana

I guess I won't reserve one if they don't exist... :rolleyes:

I wonder if I reserve one, will they just take my money or will they tell me they don't exist???

Spongerob is right, you aren't charged for anything unless you use it so if your personalizer has it listed, go ahead and reserve it.It would have been great to have this for use when we went last time and I hope it is listed when we go back!Sometimes people answering the phones don't have all the info that they should, so go for it!

OK I've reserved two seats.. now the waiting begins..

If anyone is going to Princess Cays before September PLEASE let us know if the cabanas exist.

If I have two reseved seats in the shade I won't be in any hurry to get off the ship, however,... if I have to find seats on my own under a palm tree I'll have to get off the ship a little faster...since the shady spots are usually taken first....

:cool:

Something to make note of...We made the mistake of plunking down under a palm tree just behind the dock where the tenders come in.When you get off the tender, there are 2 pirates in costume there to have your picture taken with.Unless you want to hear AAARRRGGG all day long, move away from the dock area!

OK I've reserved two seats.. now the waiting begins..

If anyone is going to Princess Cays before September PLEASE let us know if the cabanas exist.

If I have two reseved seats in the shade I won't be in any hurry to get off the ship, however,... if I have to find seats on my own under a palm tree I'll have to get off the ship a little faster...since the shady spots are usually taken first....

:cool:

I will be thinking good thoughts for you as I would rent one in a second!

Shore excursions are not available yet for either of our cruises that remain for this year but I am sure going to go check it out when we can.

I wonder if someone could go there that CAN book excursions now and highlight where it says that, then copy it and paste it here for us all to see?

That would be SO cool

Hope this works.

PRINCESS CAYS

< 1 2 3

BANANA BOAT RIDE (PER 15 MINUTES)

More Information >> Depart

Return

Date 01:40PM

01:55PM

Oct 01 Status

Adult

Child 10 Available

$ 16.00

$ 16.00

BANANA BOAT RIDE (PER 15 MINUTES)

Return

Date 02:10PM

02:25PM

Oct 01 Status

Adult

Child 10 Available

$ 16.00

$ 16.00

BEACH CABANA (PER DAY)

Return

Date

Oct 01 Status

Adult

Child 12 Available

$ 8.00

$ 8.00

TRANSPARENT HULL KAYAK(TWO PERSONS)

Return

Date 10:45AM

11:15AM

Oct 01 Status

Adult

Child 5 Available

$ 30.00

$ 30.00

Please Note: Price is per vehicle/boat - enter # needed.

Return

Date 11:25AM

11:55AM

Oct 01 Status

Adult

Child 5 Available

$ 30.00

$ 30.00

Return

Date 12:05PM

12:35PM

Oct 01 Status

Adult

Child 6 Available

$ 30.00

$ 30.00

< 1 2 3

Please Note: The "Billing Contact" is the person for whom the shore excursion was pre-reserved. Anyone may pay for the shore excursion, however the reservation is in the Billing Contact's name.

I have reserved one. I am on the same sailing as the Gaynors so hopefully someone before us will let us know more.

ooops! I forgot to say that when I clicked on more information it then said that there was no more information on this excursion at this time. I reserved one anyway and we shall see.

I am guessing that it is a small clamshell type thing that you set up on the beach and it shields you from the sun. By way of comparison, HAL offers cabanas ( a room with a refrig, balcony with 2 chaise lounges and a table w/4 chairs) on Half Moon Cay and they cost $250 per day for up to 4 people.

Thanks Lidi for posting the page from the cruise personalizer. At least I know now I'm not crazy and I'm not the only one that has seen the cabana offering.

We'll wave to you from the shade of our cabana to yours....

If someone is on a sailing soon to Princess Cays and finds out some new info on the cabana status please let the rest of us know... :D

I am guessing that it is a small clamshell type thing that you set up on the beach and it shields you from the sun. By way of comparison, HAL offers cabanas ( a room with a refrig, balcony with 2 chaise lounges and a table w/4 chairs) on Half Moon Cay and they cost $250 per day for up to 4 people.

Woah baby! THAT'S a point in favor of trying HAL if I ever heard one!

Score now: HAL 1, Princess 12540

Gaynors,

I received my pre-cruise docs last week for my cruise on CP on september 18th. I also noticed that rental on the documents as well as on my cruise personalizer. I was wondering about it as well. I may go ahead and get this for my wife and I. Last September in Haiti with RCCL, no wind and very hot. we mostly stayed in the water and was able to avoid getting burned somehow. It must have been the spf45 sunblock we were using every morning.

:mad: Have checked it 3 times and is not on my doucments for Sept 4 cruise. Maybe something going to happen after that date. Anyone on cruise for Sept 4, please look at their personalizer and let me know if it is there -:o

Archived